Original Crysis Bound for Xbox 360!

Good news for Crysis fans!

Source: http://kotaku.com/5817371/rumor-crysis-bound-for-xbox-360

[quote] 

Today, the South Korea GRB (Game Rating Board) apparently approved Crysis for the Xbox 360. Crysis has not been released on the Xbox 360. It's a Windows-only title.

According to the Korea GRB, the game will be published by EA Korea. The rating page, which also went live today, specifically states the game is Crysis. Crysis 2 was already released in South Korea earlier this year. Does this all mean the Xbox 360 is getting a Crysisport?

Kotaku contacted EA and will update this post should the company comment.

Update: South Korean game site Inven apparently contacted EA Korea, who supposedly confirmed the Xbox 360 version of Crysis, adding that the release date was TBA.[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the original crysis wasnt that good it was more of a benchmarking game ,and it wont look even close to the PC version and the graphics was the best part of the game

The environments in Crysis were highly destructible. It'll be interesting to see if they maintain that for the console.

It will be good fun so I am looking forward to it :). I do agree though the game was meant for a "Can it run Crysis" aka a benchmarking game.

Haven't played the first one.

I'm pretty sure it would have to be scaled back quite a bit for the 360 platform.  Put simply while the console may well have the processing and graphical prowess to run the original Crysis, but it lacks the Ram, so it will be very interesting how they do this.

That being said it was quite a shock for Half Life 2 to make it to the original Xbox, most thought that would be impossible, but it was done. 

I've no doubt it could come to the 360, they do after all have the Crysis 2 engine to work it around.

However one of the things I enjoyed doing in the original Crysis was grabbing a mini-gun, heading into the jungle and recreating the scene from Predator just after Blaine had been killed.

I could shred the jungle just like they did in the movie, I'm not sure that the 360 will have the muscle for that. You never know though, hopefully I'll be surprised.

[quote user="Obsessive Power"]

I'm pretty sure it would have to be scaled back quite a bit for the 360 platform.  Put simply while the console may well have the processing and graphical prowess to run the original Crysis, but it lacks the Ram, so it will be very interesting how they do this.

That being said it was quite a shock for Half Life 2 to make it to the original Xbox, most thought that would be impossible, but it was done. 

[/quote]

Look at all the other games on the Xbox 360 then say RAM is going to be a problem.

It's all about how they optimise it for the platform. They will most likely use the CPU to assist where other hardware is lacking like is done with alot of other games. They'll probably use MLAA on it aswell seems they just started using it for consoles.

It will not look as good as the PC version, nowhere near, not ever, especially realifsis. Personally I think it's a waste of time bringing it to console unless they're going to throw in Warhead and do some form of multiplayer optimisation for Xbox Live. Crysis is a benchmarking tool for PC, and most don't regard it as anything else.

Ram is not an issue at all PC's ram is taken mostly by the OS which the Xbox does not have to do

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

the original crysis wasnt that good it was more of a benchmarking game ,and it wont look even close to the PC version and the graphics was the best part of the game

[/quote]

You must not have played it then. I usedto beleive that as well when people said it , but then i played the game as well as Warhead and it changedmy mind. Crysis is a very good FPS. Much better than many that I have played before and since playing crysis.

Yes the graphics look awesome , but the gameplay is tons of fun. When i did my second playthrough on a harder difficulty, it cahgend the way i played the game and i even ended up going through the game taking different routes and it was a fresh experience.

and of course crysis will run on xbox 360 . just dont expect the same level of detail and amount of destruction

Also crysis 2 looks amazing now that they released the DX 11 patch and the tesselation and high res texture pack.