Ori and the Blind Forest

Good evening!

I purchased a digital copy of Ori and the Blind forest a couple months ago. At first it was playing normally, then it would crash after several minutes of gameplay and return the xbox to the home screen. Now, if I open the game at all it closes after about ten seconds, before the game itself launches -- so I see the cover artwork but never the game content itself.

I tried uninstalling it from my console and reinstalling it, but the problem persists. Is there something else that I can do to troubleshoot this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Is your console by any chance on Instant on ? If so try to change it to Energy-saving support.xbox.com/.../learn-about-power-modes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I purchased a digital copy last week, however, I cannot get past the main menu after you press A to continue. The game just stays on the main menu. Help?

Sorry this didn't help.

@mr lee357

Have you already tried to powercycle ? support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try hard resetting your xbox (Holding the power button until the console shuts down and unplugging the power cord for 5 minutes) and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Also if you installed it on an external hard drive you could try installing it on the internal hard drive instead.

@mrlee- Try the above things and also make sure your controller is updated and synced to your Xbox. Unplug any other external devices to make sure the console isn't trying to recognise those devices as a controller.

Sorry this didn't help.