Opinions on The Walking Dead

Hello everyone. Well i've heard great things about this game, family members suggesting I try the game out and see what I think. They're fans of the TV show too which ive heard about and thinking of buying the DVD very soon. But what I wanted to know is is this game based on the story from the television show? I mean I wouldn't like to play this and it follows the story before I watch it. And as for the game itself, is it worth the buy? And are the episodes worth the price you pay? All answers would be appreciated, thank you!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've played Episodes 1 and 2 and thought it was great.

-

It's definitely based off the comic more than the tv show and follows a different group, though you may see some familar faces in Episode 1 but nothing that even resembles a spoiler.

=

Throughout the game you'll have to make certain choices that will effect how certain characters will react to you. Some may be loyal, others might turn on you and so on. If you've ever played a Bioware game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, it's something along those lines.

-

I thought it was great from the 2 Episodes I've played.

I'm a fan of both the tv series and the game.  Episode 2 is one of the best games I have played this year so far. At 400 ms points per episode its deffo worth the money.  If you can wait a couple of months between each episode then buy it now if you can't wait then I advise you to buy it when all the episodes have been released.

I have never watched the TV show nor have I read the comic, so I went into the game with a clean slate. I was blown away. Really enjoyed both episodes.

But I do recommend downloading the trial before purchasing the full version. The Walking Dead is akin to a point 'n click adventure game... where you move a cursor around on a screen and interact with objects and characters to proceed further into the story.

It's one of the best arcade games available. It's amazing. It doesn't follow the same storyline as the tv show but some things are similar. I love the show and this game lives up to it. Definitely worth purchasing!

As Bandit exclaimed, it is definitely one of the best arcade games out right now and for only 400 points, you can't go wrong. If you're into a rich storyline, zombies, some scary moments, throught provoking questions that result in either immediate or future consequences, then play this dame game!

Thank you for all your comments. I am currently downloading the trial version for this game and then perhaps buying if it appeals to me, im a huge fan of the Monkey Island games so point & click games are right up there for me. Thank you once again everyone.

I loved it & highly recommend it. Probably the best msp I've ever spent. (:

[quote user="Wondering Chimp"]

I'm a fan of both the tv series and the game.  Episode 2 is one of the best games I have played this year so far. At 400 ms points per episode its deffo worth the money.  If you can wait a couple of months between each episode then buy it now if you can't wait then I advise you to buy it when all the episodes have been released.

[/quote]

I agree with you. Ep 2 was incredible. I love the show, but I actually like the game more. They are short, but they are totally worth 400msp.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I was able to pick up the full Walking Dead game for €15 during the Steam sale. As the next episode comes out, I automatically download it.

Very fun times to be had with this game, especially for fans of the  comic and/or show.