Operation Flashpoint Red River

Why this forum isn't listed?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The developer or publisher need to request a forum to be made. That and the new Xbox.com Forums are missing a reasonable amount of game discussion threads since it was put in place.

How is this game in comparison to Dragon Rising?

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[/quote]

From what I have heard from reviews and from friends that have the game, it is much better than Dragon Rising. The AI is still mentally challenged in this one but if you are playing co-op with friends it is one of the most challenging and realistic military shooters you will ever play. That is what Gametrailers said.

Get it from Gamefly so we can play! I have it from Gamefly but I haven't opened it yet. Looking for people to play co-op with.

[quote user="Manhandler"]From what I have heard from reviews and from friends that have the game, it is much better than Dragon Rising. The AI is still mentally challenged in this one but if you are playing co-op with friends it is one of the most challenging and realistic military shooters you will ever play. That is what Gametrailers said.

Get it from Gamefly so we can play! I have it from Gamefly but I haven't opened it yet. Looking for people to play co-op with.

[/quote]I'm definitely getting it from Gamefly. I'm sending back 2 games in the morning, so hopefully it won't be too long before they get this out to me.

I would like to get this game, but I can't find it for a decent enough price. Tell me what you guys think about it when you get it.

Isaac, This is what I think of the game, keep in mind though that this was addressed to OXM in their forum...that is who I was speaking too.

"As a subscriber for a while now I pay attention to your magazine's reviews and use them partly in making my decision on whether I am going to purchase a game or not.

In regards to your operation flashpoint red river review I "almost" passed on this game, and I must say I am glad I did not.  As a former "Squid" I have to say the radio chatter is the most authentic and close to real life I have ever heard in my 30 years of gaming in any video game.  Now I realize that if you have not served then you would not know that however to discuss how much "cursing" there is and other negative things that were said about this game I see none of them.  I have not had 1 single glitch, the explosions, the blood spatter, the radio comms and even the graphics are top notch, not to mention the bullet physics, This game truly does make call of duty's look and play like a joke.

I even used a tactic that the Vietcong used on us in vietnam and to whomever programmed it in the game that it actually worked deserves credit for it...and if the person who reviewed this game knew anything about military history or had just spent a little bit more time on it they would have seen the things that I saw, again I dont expect video game geeks to understand everything but I do expect that if something is not understood then dont make it negative.  Maybe a reviewer that has just an ounce of experience in the military should review these types of games in the future,  Just my opinion and a helpful suggestion."

Again, this is "my" opinion which might not be the same as most.

[/quote]

pretty much its just easier than the first game, and it seems from what i also heard that you dont get killed as easy as you do in the first game.

[/quote]

If you are a fan of Op Flashpoint games then I think you will enjoy red river. The game as not changed much from dragon rising. The commanding mode is still the same, but the AI in your squad is a lot better they almost think for there self when your to busy in a gun fight to tell them what to do.

The game as no head to head multiplayer, just Co-op, but there are alot of game modes you and your friends can enjoy. I completed the main campaign from start to finish in co-op with 3 of my friends.

The only issue I had was after a couple of weeks playing it, my friends and I became bored of the game modes, I went back to battlefield and my friends went back to COD. And I ended up trading it in for something else.

Sounds like a game to go down to the renal place and get it for a week. Thanks guys.

Give it a rent if nothing else. I'm loving this one more than I did Dragon Rising. No MP but fun co-op...btw I suck but just have fun with it regardless....last stand is a blast with friends. Thing gears of war horde mode only when you can't take it anymore you call in a chopper for evac...and ya gotta stay alive waiting for the chopper!