Open Tray -_-

I have an Xbox 360 Elite, its about 18 months or so old and before yesterday id not had a single problem with it. Then last night i popped in a disc as usual and i heard it spin and it said on the screen 'Reading disc' like always.

Then the disc stopped spinning and the message changed to 'Open tray'.

Great...

I've tried all my Discs, none of them change anything. So its not a problem with a single disc, i'm considering buying one of those Laser cleaning disc things but im not sure if it will help the problem, it seems to have happend all very suddenly to be a general dust build up...

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The most expensive a repair would be is $119 if arranged over the phone (still scandalous but $30 cheaper that what Troll quoted) and it would take UP TO a month, which means in all likelihood it will be back with you sooner.

As a side note, technically using a lens cleaner is a violation of the console's warranty, though how they'd know you've used one I don't know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Give it a try with the disc cleaning, but if that doesn't solve the issue, it's likely that you need to send the Xbox for repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would not do as the above posted. You'll be $150.00 poorer and without an exbox for at least a month.

Maybe try the dis cleaner, as the xbox seems to have a problem reading the disc(s)

Sorry this didn't help.