Open Tray,’ or won’t read my disc.

This is very upsetting ive tried everything and still just says open tray ive had my xbox for about a year got kinect for christmas and i recently just bought xbox live starter kit and now this happens this is very upseting and i dont have the money to send it off to repairs :( I even have all the major tittles/dlc.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

If your xbox is under warranty it will be repaired for free i would contact support and see if they can help you. I think they only have 1 year warranty so check your reciept to see if you are covered. Support can tell you if its'covered i think if you can give them the serial number and they are also pretty good with trouble shooting over the phone so they may be able to help you fix the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you got the new update from Xbox Live then I think I know your problem! This has happened to many people. Your Xbox probably can't read discs because it isn't used to the update on Xbox Live. Call Xbox support (I forgot their number, so just go on to request a call on this website). They will help you through this. If that doesn't work: Hope it is still under warranty and get it repaired. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, Junior, can you please try working through this guide? It should help troubleshoot your disc-read issue. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

This actually happened to me recently, but I may be alone in my specific situation. I was playing a game disconnected from my network (no wifi, no ethernet) for about 4 days sporadically. On the 5th day I went to turn on my xbox 360 (one of the new ones, black 250gb) on, and instead of taking me to the dashboard page and auto-loading, it spit the game out at me. I tried again, same thing.

Grabbed a different game, put it in to see if it was something wrong with the game disc, same thing happened. That ruled out the discs being a problem, so it was a console issue. First thing i tested; what if the xbox was attempting to connect to the internet (for some twisted reason, this could possibly be a reason why the games didn't want to play). So I connected to my network, popped in the original game, loaded up, auto-played.

Strangest thing, but it didn't take long to troubleshoot so I figured I would share it. Maybe someone out there has this awkward of an issue and I save them some trouble.

Sorry this didn't help.