Open Tray Issue

Seeing as this issue is completely repetitive, I'm only going to explain the problem a bit. The xbox 360 arcade i currently have is suffering from what many people call the "open tray" problem. Basically, I put my game disk in the console and, without spinning it, I get the message "Open Tray" where the picture of the game should be. I have tried all of microsoft's fixes, unfortunately none of them worked. For those of you who want more information, this problem occurs with all my game disks. My Xbox has never been tampered with, and was always left in a fixed spot on its side. People say it should have room to "breathe", and I made sure it could since day 1. 2 years passed without a single problem until now. I called microsoft to see if they could help me troubleshoot the problem. The answer i kept getting was, "You can check if your warranty is valid here...and if its not we suggest you send it to repair for $100." I doubt anyone has found an 100% accurate fix for this problem, but if anyone has any suggestions, I will gladly try them. This is more of a note to show microsoft that I am just another victim of the "Open Tray" issue, seeing as their not putting any effort to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hello xDotHackerx, It could be a problem with your lens inside the xbox. I had this problem before and I just get a cleaning disc and put it in the Xbox let it run and it worked fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello xDotHackersX.  Have you tried the Disc Drive Solution?  If that doesn't work then you will have to Request a Repair  This will cost you if the Console isn't in Warranty.  Or even you could buy a new Console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, sorry if you are getting this issue please try the disc tray solution guide located here. If that does not work you will ultimately have to send the console in for repair, as you've written it is a $99 repair if your console is not under warranty but there is no way around that. This issue usually stems from a problem with your XBOX 360's disc drive's laser either being too weak to read the discs or some sort of damage on the disc drives lens.

Sorry this didn't help.