open to suggestions :)

hello all, im getting back into gaming after a short absence due to the little man turning up but now hes nearly two im starting to get a bit more free time to play again. used to throw the odd comment on the forums but not really been on for a while and the new lay out confused me ( not a difficult thing to do). just after some advice on games, i find my self with only a collection of shooter games at the moment and would like to vary things a little. what would you suggest as a good game that i can dip in and out of quite easily and possibly has a good live community. thanks in advance for any help :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome back!

I have been playing Assassins Creed series.  Great single player with good online if you so choose but stands alone w/o online.  Saints Row 3 is great for when little ones go to bed.  As for fighting, I just downloaded the UFC 3 demo.  I am a fan of MMA so I had to say it.

May not be much......oh do you have Kinect?  If so, Dance Central 2. 

I actually think Knights contract is a good game, I have not seen anything in it yet that is not kid appropriate. Its a Action RPG really fun.

Dead Space, Splinter Cell, and Assassin's Creed?

Skyrim is pretty good if like you RPG's.  Just picked it up last week and can't put it down.  I normally play FPS but this game is really good.

thanks guys, phdpeddler i played assassins creed but found it bit repetitive but have heard the later ones are better which one would you say is the best.

If you want a really good action RPG, with really cool multiplayer functionality, try Dark Souls.

It's an incredibly difficult game, but it rewards skill and is very refreshing to play.

I would suggest giving Bayonetta and Dantes Inferno a try,  they are my goto games when im tired of shooters

[quote user="golphindolfin"]

thanks guys, phdpeddler i played assassins creed but found it bit repetitive but have heard the later ones are better which one would you say is the best.

[/quote]

That's all to do with personal prefrence. I'm a massive Assassin's Creed fan but even I found the first to be a bit repetivite I agree. I don't think that any one game stands out as they all have their good sides. Brotherhood still remains my faveourte for setting and story, as well as multiplayer, but Revelations has improved mechanics and the adition of bombs which are really handy.
However, I would highly recomend you play the games in order, as the story is better experianced that way. At the very lest, get Brotherhood or Revelations and play online, the mutiplayer is very well thought out. : D
PyroANTIC

[quote user="golphindolfin"]

[/quote]

Yes AC1, very much so......way so.  Anyway, if you have not tried it AC Brotherhood and AC 2 get away from that. 

A friend picked up ACB used for about 20 bucks.  If you can find it for that.....its a steal.  Not sure how much into story you are but you can jump right in and start playing.   You dont miss much jumping around in that series.

Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim!