Only every second mp3 is played from albums in WMC

Hi,

I have set up Windows Media Center on my Windows 7 PC and on my XBOX 360. The media library was built up properly and I can see all of my albums on XBOX. However, when I try to play an entire album, only every second track (or so) has sound. If the first track is played, for example, the timer remains at 0:00 and the second track has no sound. If I open the tracklist, I can see the animated equalizer icon which I interpret as the song is being played. In this example, I can play the third track. If I quit WMC and reopen it, chances are that I can hear the songs I didn' hear at the previous attempt, and I can not play those which I could previously. That is, this should not be a codec problem. XBOX is connected via WiFi with moderate signal strength.

Do you have any tips on the issue?

k

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello krank 6079,

First, have a look at the setup steps from Kiesey's very helpful forum post titled Streaming Media from your PC to your Xbox 360.  Go through and confirm those settings.

Once you've done that, turn off your computer and Xbox 360, and do a proper network restart by unplugging your modem and router, leave them unplugged for a couple of minutes, then plug in modem, wait ~1 minute, plug in router, wait ~1 minute.

Then turn on your computer, let it boot to desktop, then fire up your Xbox 360 and try the Media Center connection again.

Let us know if that helps.  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the router, the XBox and the computer. Actually I can access all media using the built in video and audio player, but I could not start Media Center. Do I have to start the Media Center application on my PC to get this to work? I thought the numerous processes of Media Center work as a kind of server, but the console can not connect to the computer, although the Windows Media Center test passes on the XBox.

em

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi krank 6079,

So to clarify, when you try to link the console and the PC with the activation code, you are unable to get past that process where the two sync together? Are you using this guide to set up a WMC extender? Let us know if that helps and if that is where the process is failing. Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Rush,

Sorry if I was not clear for first -- I managed to connect the devices and I could access my media content via Windows Media Center running on the XBox for the first time. The problem was that only every second songs in an album had sound, the other half of the songs were displayed as being played, but the time counter was still and I could not hear any sounds. No matter what album I tried.

Now, this may be another problem, I cannot open WMC on XBox, it halts at the connection phase, however the WMC test passes. This is the point where I became uncertain if I may need to start WMC desktop app on the PC.

So to directly address your question: yes, I used the guide and paired XBox as an extender, and connection could be established, once, at least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this setup with the codes needs to be done only once.

krank

em

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi krank 6079,

You are correct. Setting up the extender and entering the code should be a one time thing. If the connection is not able to be made in the WMC app though, let's look at what sort of network you are using. Are you using any firewalls on your network that could be causing a issue? Have you tried both a wired and wireless connection on the media device and on your Xbox? Let us know and we can look a bit further in to that. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.