Online play,not for the ground game player.

Apart from being disconnected a thousand times,i have noticed that online play seems to be made purely for the striking game.

no matter what fighter i use and how quick i block or reverse transitions,the opponent always gets back up.

whether its the servers that are causing lag,i don`t know but it is very annoying.

it works the other way too,no one can hold me down either.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="xXxADRENALiNxXx"]

@Owen, I used amateur controls from the get go, however the transition blocking was appauling. So I switched to pro controls and, TA...DA! I can now block ground escape attempts, still near impossible to block transition attempts though.

[/quote]Good , i have to try it.

i have worked out there is no benefit from using pro controls.

everyone uses amateur online by the look of it,so they can beat you to every transition.

i have won a lot more fights since i switched from pro control.

played a couple of matches against a friend last night and only managed to finish one. every single time we got in the clinch or took it to the ground, the match would disconnect. rather annoying, since he was talking smack and i whooped on him a majority of the time. hope the issue gets fixed.

I noticed that too  playing in exhibition (not online) with a friend. He is not very good at fighting games and every time i tried to mount him after a takedown he always pushed me no matter if i did keep the block trans pressed. Very annoying . He did rotate the RS in a circular way everytime and tada no way to mount break.

Every game i managed to get in to tonight every single one of em used GSP an tried to take it to the ground, looks like there all after the SAV position.

Soon got wise to that :P

So is it ALOT of practice or do I need to change my gmae up.  I am so lost at this point, nothing new.

@Owen, I used amateur controls from the get go, however the transition blocking was appauling. So I switched to pro controls and, TA...DA! I can now block ground escape attempts, still near impossible to block transition attempts though.

Its probably due to lag.

It does seem strange to me that there's seemingly little to no penalty for transition spam but I get a stamina penalty for successfully blocking a transition.

practice practice practice I am starting to get the hang of the ground game but subs are another issue I can sub the cpu but a human is way more unpridictable. Hit me up next time your online I need to start to get to know the UTT guys, since I'm in the camp