Online Passes & Online Achievements

Oh yay, a new online pass post...

-

Okay, I did not have a beef with online passes until now. I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations used and I understand that in order to play multiplayer I have to buy a pass. I'm fine with that. What I don't like is how many online achievements there are. Now I will only be using my free trial to boost these achievements the whole time. What do you think about essentially locking achievements and making you pay for them?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you dont like the practice dont buy the game. I have not bought any Assassins creed games because I dont agree with them forcing PC players to constantly need an online connection to even play the single player campaign.

IN your case. You knew what you were getting into buying the game used.

Online passes bother me immensely.  For a host of reasons.  Even though I buy 99% of my games new.  I have a problem with them even though they dont directly affect me.  The fact that you didnt care until it did directly affect you makes me not care about your complaint one bit.  Sorry.

And you really care about achievements that much?  Really?

Buy the game new. Problem solved. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

[quote user="Sin Continuum"]

Online passes bother me immensely.  For a host of reasons.  Even though I buy 99% of my games new.  I have a problem with them even though they dont directly affect me.  The fact that you didnt care until it did directly affect you makes me not care about your complaint one bit.  Sorry.

And you really care about achievements that much?  Really?

[/quote]I don't really mind achivements. I only have one game at 100% and the achievements were easy. But I think it is sort of dumb when over 5 achievements are for online. Also this is the first Assassin's Creed game to have an online pass. I won't be buying it because I don't play the game very much online.

-

As I said, I didn't really have a problem with them until this, and even now it's not a game breaker for me. If I want to play the multiplayer, I would buy the online pass for said game.

-

What I think is weird is how they're charging for multiplayer that not many core players of the franchise care for. Most people I know don't really play Assassin's Creed for multiplayer, and online passes takes it off of thier lists completely.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]What I think is weird is how they're charging for multiplayer that not many core players of the franchise care for. Most people I know don't really play Assassin's Creed for multiplayer, and online passes takes it off of thier lists completely.[/quote]

Sorry but I think this is hearsay and nothing more then Opinions. I am a "core" Player of the Franchise of AC Games and I thought the MP was very refreshing and new in a tired old genera of FPS.

And like stated above, the Online Pass thing is really just about crybabies who don't want to buy New at Retail. It in no way detracts from any Game. The only thing I wished for in the MP of AC Brotherhood was that it had Dedicated Servers. The Host/ Client Architecture made for a poor Online Experience sometimes with Characters Animations that close.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]What I think is weird is how they're charging for multiplayer that not many core players of the franchise care for. Most people I know don't really play Assassin's Creed for multiplayer, and online passes takes it off of thier lists completely.[/quote]

Sorry but I think this is hearsay and nothing more then Opinions. I am a "core" Player of the Franchise of AC Games and I thought the MP was very refreshing and new in a tired old genera of FPS.

And like stated above, the Online Pass thing is really just about crybabies who don't want to buy New at Retail. It in no way detracts from any Game. The only thing I wished for in the MP of AC Brotherhood was that it had Dedicated Servers. The Host/ Client Architecture made for a poor Online Experience sometimes with Characters Animations that close.

[/quote]

This x100! Well said!

The online pass thing affects more than just people who buy used.  It also affects people who would like to rent a game and try it out before buying.  Or people like me who have multiple consoles and pay for multiple Gold accounts and don't like the fact that if my son wants to play one of these games online on his console, we have to pay for the onine pass, despite buying the game new.