Online Pass - Not in Marketplace?

Am I blind, or is the online pass for ME3 not available in the marketplace anymore?  I purchased ME3 from GameStop, so I didn't get a code with it.  EA's website said you could purchase one here, but I just don't see it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I didn't see it either. Maybe try from a console if you haven't already.

If you bought it NEW from GAMESTOP there should have been a code inside the box.  If you bought it used or opened, it's likely that someone had already redeemed the code.

Apparently an online pass for ME3 is not available via XBOX live, but can be purchased through the game it's self:

gaming.stackexchange.com/.../if-i-purchase-a-second-online-pass-can-we-use-both-discs-to-play-multiplayer-to

The whole concept of an "online-pass" is cr@p to me... It's mainly a tactic to cut into the USED game market.  Ultimately it will cut down on the number of MP players participating.

[quote user="Quebra Regra"]

If you bought it NEW from GAMESTOP there should have been a code inside the box.  If you bought it used or opened, it's likely that someone had already redeemed the code.

Apparently an online pass for ME3 is not available via XBOX live, but can be purchased through the game it's self:

gaming.stackexchange.com/.../if-i-purchase-a-second-online-pass-can-we-use-both-discs-to-play-multiplayer-to

The whole concept of an "online-pass" is cr@p to me... It's mainly a tactic to cut into the USED game market.  Ultimately it will cut down on the number of MP players participating.

[/quote]

There was a discussion about Online Passes over in the Saints Row The Third subforum which had people both for and against them posting. I refer you there:

forums.xbox.com/.../149905.aspx

Uf-da!  That discussion got a bit headed over there eh?

I am curious tho, how does one get the online pass if it's not offered on LIVE?  Is it done from within the game it's self (that was my guess)?

Every game with an online pass I purchased has an in-game store which will probably always have it available.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

[quote user="Quebra Regra"]

[/quote]

There was a discussion about Online Passes over in the Saints Row The Third subforum which had people both for and against them posting. I refer you there:

forums.xbox.com/.../149905.aspx

[/quote] Question: Where do people get the idea they are being charged extra? Last time I checked, I have never been charged extra to play onlinr via the Online Pass system since any game that has it, I have bought new. I don't understand this logic AT ALL.

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

Question: Where do people get the idea they are being charged extra? Last time I checked, I have never been charged extra to play onlinr via the Online Pass system since any game that has it, I have bought new. I don't understand this logic AT ALL.

[/quote] I think it is because every person who is against the idea of them likes to push them that way, even when it is explained clearly and consisely they choose to ignore it so thay can try and incite people and gain more converts to their way of thinking.

I know some people who claim they are against them but continue to support the companies who use them while telling others not to. I know people who claim they are against them but then go and rent the game. Because in their warped mind it they want to have their cake and eat it too. While trying to punish the compnay for trying to pay off the costs of actually making that game they are renting. So they are themselves the very reason we have online passes to begin with. I personally think that a lot of these people would rent or buy second hand and "the Stand" they are taking is just and excuse they use to tell themselves they are not cheapskates and the reason good game companies are shutting down.