Online-pass game should lower the price.

I think if they put a online-pass into a game, they should not sell the game at the price of 59.99 dollars. 39.99 dollars will be reasonable.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

why would you buy a game used at 59.99$?

Why? If you pay all 60$, you get all the content a normal 60$ game has, and the online pass is free.

-

If you pay less than 60$, and rip off the publisher and developer, you pay 10$. Chances are, you'll still save money after buying the pass.

-

Stop being cheap, online passes don't affect you if you buy new like you're supposed to.

No. Needs to stay the way it is. I pay $60 and I get everything for free. I don't rip off the developer and buy used.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

No. Needs to stay the way it is. I pay $60 and I get everything for free. I don't rip off the developer and buy used.

[/quote]This man speaks the truth

[/quote]

Lol. Makes no sense. Nothing you get is free if you pay 60 bucks, you're just getting what you are supposed to after you shell out that kind of money. I think the games should stay where they are at.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

The people who should lower their prices are the retailers who sell the second-hand games, they should lower their prices for the used copies by the cost of the online pass.

I disagree, i believe that the online pass was a god move for the game developers. They should be paid for their services. It stops illegal copies of the game being so easily obtainable and also stops them loosing out with the second hand game sales.

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[/quote]

Lol. Makes no sense. Nothing you get is free if you pay 60 bucks, you're just getting what you are supposed to after you shell out that kind of money. I think the games should stay where they are at.

[/quote]He may have worded it badly, but his point is 100% correct.  If you're paying full price for a game, it's going to brand new, otherwise you're an idiot for paying full price for a used game.  The ONLY time you pay $10 for an online pass is when the game is used.  The online pass is FREE when buying the game new.  That's the "free" part he was referring to.

OP, if you're paying full price for the game, there is no charge for the online pass, so what are you talking about? 

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He may have worded it badly, but his point is 100% correct.  If you're paying full price for a game, it's going to brand new, otherwise you're an idiot for paying full price for a used game.  The ONLY time you pay $10 for an online pass is when the game is used.  The online pass is FREE when buying the game new.  That's the "free" part he was referring to.

OP, if you're paying full price for the game, there is no charge for the online pass, so what are you talking about? 

[/quote]

Yeah, I know what he meant, but I still don't agree. It's not free. It's what has always come with games. If I bought a game for 60 dollars and the store gave me some MS points or a code for an arcade game, than that would be free since that type of stuff isn't normally included when you buy a game.

If I was buying used games my whole life for 50 dollars, but then I had to buy one for 60 to go online, then I don't see the pass code as free. I always buy new thankfully, but not because I want to support devs and publishers. I just don't like scratched discs. I bought used before and it was a nightmare.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I personally think online passes need to be removed. Why should I have to pay $10 for online acess? Used games have been around for years and developers never complained before. There is no other form of entertainiment where the manufacture gets a second dip into peoples pockets...why should game devs?

Also, used game sales are GOOD for a developer when you think about it, say second hand sammy goes to gamestop and buying a game used for $45 thats normally $60, he shows it to all of his friends and they all decide the game looks awsome and go out and buy new copies. Sure the dev didn't get the initial $60 from sammy, but they got $60 from all of sammys friends who would not have bought the game if sammy didn't show it to them. With online passes sammy might not buy the game until its much cheaper or might not purchase the game at all, then the dev loses out on money from all of sammys friends.