online credit limit reached?

ok so first off, I took a break from reach awhile back and now i keep on hearing about these credit bans, but let me explain. I was playing all day yesterday trying to complete the weekly challenge (which i did). I started around 6 AM took a four hour break at 1 and kept going til about 9:30 or so and around that time it said "online credit limit reached". I got so many credits that day! it was awsome. I went from like a commander grade 1 up to a colonel in one day. I hit the 24,000 cr jackpot in team objective, then I got the weekly challenge, I at least got around seven 3,000 jackpots, and advanced 9? or so commendations to their silver state so i was swimming in money at the time (plus all of the other credit bonus's you get for completing a game). does anyone know why they are doing this? is there a daily limit? have i reached that limit? do i have no life for reaching the limit of credits you can earn in one day!? I havn't gone on to check if i can receive credits yet, but man i wasn't expecting this to happen at all. makes me kind of sad really...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

They implemented a daily credit limit to keep the game balanced. It stops people from boosting credits all day long. I believe the limit is currently set at 120,000 Cr. It will reset itself around 6:00 A.M. Eastern time the next day. 

It's put into place to stop boosters (or at least limit) from progressing to Inheritor in a short amount of time. Games such as Call of Duty don't have an XP cap, and therefore boosters could literally reach max rank in a few days. It's just there to limit people from playing the game incorrectly.

~

120,000 cR is also something most people will never see in one day. It's set there because it's a realistic goal, but people aren't going to hit it very often. However playing for 11 hours in one day would probably do it. Let's say you get 10,000 cR an hour (pretty easy for a higher ranked player), that's 110,000 cR right there. Commendations are included in the cap, and some (but NOT all) jackpots are too.

Wut? How is 120,000 realistic? Noble, I get 5000-7000 for one game of premium battle, I'll credticap in 2 hours if I wanted, and that's not counting weekly/daily challenges and jackpots and commendations.

i'm glad i'm not banned or anything. i don't normally do stuff like this but i was completing alot of challenges so know i see. (off topic: you can boost in halo?)

Yes.  very much so..  But Bungie is implemented a Ban Hammer so beware.  

at least bungie is doing something about the boosters, thats cool to know

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

Wut? How is 120,000 realistic? Noble, I get 5000-7000 for one game of premium battle, I'll credticap in 2 hours if I wanted, and that's not counting weekly/daily challenges and jackpots and commendations.

[/quote]

I said a realistic goal. As in, "I bet I can hit the cR cap today!". You just proved that. The cap was set for a majority of the community, and the majority aren't earning 5k-7k per game as most people are not in the high ranks. I do think Bungie should either increase the cap limit or just get rid of it before Bungie Day (or maybe FOR Bungie day) before they completely hand everything to 343i since a lot more people are going to find that the cap is getting easier to hit. But, I'm still getting like 2k-3k per game at Field Marshall (70k away from Hero), so it's not much of a problem unless you're higher like your current rank.

I don't think the big jackpots (like the 24,000 one over the weekend) count towards the cap. Or at least they usually don't. Commendations are of little significance once you're a high rank. In most cases, it takes much longer to rank up your commendations, and most don't give you that much of a bonus anyway. For a lot of them, going from Gold to Onyx gives you like 2500 cR. And the dailies usually add up to less than 7k cR per day, and you can only get one weekly each week (obviously), so they're also not really significant in hitting the cap.

I mean it's definitely a good system and works well in preventing a lot of boosting. I would like to see it raised though to maybe like 400,000. That way most people will never have a chance at hitting it, and it will still provide a barrier to boosting.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

[/quote]

How in the hell do you get 5000cr-7000cr in one game?