Oneguide channel selection locked to region

Hello all

I live in a border city (across from Detroit MI). I receive my TV signal OTA. Most of the channels I receive are from Detroit.

Because I live in Canada, my Oneguide is locked to my home region and as such the guide channels are wrong because I'm forced to enter a Canadian postal code when setting up the Oneguide.

To display the correct channels, I have to set my Xbox region to the US, which then negatively affects my on-line purchases and billing.

Could the Xbox One team possibly allow some flexibility when setting up the Oneguide to allow to input either a zip code or postal code?

The Detroit channel line up includes the Canadian stations I receive while the Windsor channel line up is incorrect and missing most of the Detroit stations.

I would appreciate if this could be fixed.

Thank you,

John - Windsor ON.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there PseudoShooter!

Sorry to hear about the issue! Unfortunately, setting up OneGuide to allow either a zip code or postal code is not a supported feature of OneGuide on the Xbox One console,. As this is not a supported, feature, I recommend making a post on our Xbox Feedback page. This way we can make sure that the proper folks can see you suggestions for future improvements of the Xbox One console. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.