One thing that really angers me to no end.

I have to say this edition is the best so far. I love what they did to the franchise mode. The rookie scouting system everything. But if I have one complaint its the number calling! I cant stand it. Number 26 with the ball. The pass to number 87. Didnt they get these guys to say a few more names? I mean it is so annoying it drives me crazy as hell. Why couldnt they pay these idiots to say a 100 extra names. I mean it driving me nuts. I have Toby Gerhart as my number 2 back. Every time he gets the ball they say number 25. The guy has ben in the NFL for a number of year by now. Cant they at least say his name?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yet another reason why I turn commentary off..I have been playing with the Bills and they call Marcell Dareus...Marcell Cannon. He was what,,the 5th overall pick.

The commentary for Madden has been the same for what? 2-3 years now? lmao

I couldn't even make it through 1 game before I shut off the commentary. I was using the Patriots in a pre-season game and they called Danny Woodhead "number 39" he was a big part of the Pats offense last year, his name is easy to pronounce, and he was one of the players in the running for the Madden cover yet in the game they don't say his name.

I've noticed that they alternate. They'll say "Desean Jackson" or "Number 10". With Chad Ochocinco, they call him "Chad Johnson" and "Ochocinco."

I agree, there are other small nitpicky things that drive me up the wall as well...

Im playing franchise with an expansion team I made (replaced the bangles) and I made them a cupcake team so they are TERRIBLE. I had to change a lot of my "key" players last names to names I thought the game could pronounce so I didnt have to hear "and #33 with the tackle".

Since I have a cupcake team, all my players are rookie generated players. WHat bugs me about it is the game gives players the most random helmets, like a bull cage to a kicker and QB helmet to a DLinemen. So I have to edit eachplayer to make them look like what a player from their position would look like. Lol.

FINALLY, duplicate numbers. I always thought madden was pretty good with this, but I will have 2 players wearing the same number. Such a small thing, but I cant stand it.

I waste a lot of time editing players as you can now see.  =P

The commentary is WAY worse than last year. It's like they didn't even care.

During the coin toss the they reffered to the Tennessee Titans as the New York Titans.  :/

Yeah SGT KILGORE, i've been barking up that tree since I got the game. It really pisses me off :(

OOPS, dbl post

If you bought the game to listen to commentary, you deserve disappointment.