One of the many reason I hate living overseas...

I recently bought Need for speed most wanted and the kinect voice commands did not work in English (I live in Germany but I only speak English) ,I thought it was an kinect issue, so I went threw the steps to calibrate the kinect and the actual issue was that the kinect work perfectly fine, the kinect only recognizes German language for the game. That's weird because this is the only game that has ever only worked for kinect that required that I spoke german. My question is that is the kinect and/or certain games "region locked" when it comes to the functionality of the kinect? Anyone else have this problem with any other game????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hello RoyceTx,

I suggest you (next time) to buy games in your country, to avoid region error problems.

Have a nice day ;)

Alessio

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Violin Spider is right.

In the system you can avoid this put the system language in english.

But in games they prepare for lookin in local market, to have voice control in english the games they have that option.

To avoid this you can buy games in america (uses sells shops sending to europe, always remeber that!!!)or in England.

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english it´s self learnerd.

P.S: I believe the culpit is your game, because a question i leave to you,

Your system in english correct?

And you comand the system menu spoking in english correct? (if can´t know the kinect starts up when you turned on your 360 and he reconizes voice comand in system menu!!!)

If response of all of that is yes, your Kinect reconizes English, if the answer is no and you buy the Kinect in Germany that´s is odd, because for sample the kinects sales in my country (Brazil) came in default whif english in the launch, but after the dash major update of last year he acepts comands in portuguese (in theory i believe the voice comand is relation to dash language).

Sorry this didn't help.

With kinect it is affected by the region of your account as it is online specific

Every kinect supported country supports only a set languages

only english Regions support english kinect

German support german

France supports french

support.xbox.com/.../speech-recognition

Is the list of kinect supported regions and what languages they support english isnt supported by kinect in germany

Kinect is geoip specific so even changing uk wont help you

Sorry this didn't help.