One game crashes with one gamertag - help?

So, we were playing Gears of War 2 - not online but split screen. My girlfriend was player one (gold membership), I signed in as player 2 (silver member). It was working fine, we'd got about 3 hrs in, We'd been playing today for about an hour when suddenly it froze.

This does happen sometimes so we just tried again but my gamertag keeps freezing the game. We tried with her gamertag and another (also silver) which played fine, but as soon as we tried mine it froze. I tried just going in myself to try to solo campain, but the game won't even load up.

It does the "Epic" first page then the "microsoft" page then we just get a blank screen instead of the GOW screen.

We've tried my gamertag on several other games and it works fine. We tried clearing the cache and changing my windows ID (thought this might have caused an issue as it didn't always sign in properly) but it didn't work. Can you help us please?

Gamertag: Artarkis

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Artarkis,

Would you mind taking a look through this freeze wizard and follow the steps.
Something there may well help you with this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Art, this issue happens with split screen specifically, and usually has something to do with mismatched title updates, here's the fix as per the Microsoft KB: support.microsoft.com/.../2394029

There saddly is no way to get her rank and everything back, but she will be able to play, I do assure you this works, it just takes a lot of trys

Sorry this didn't help.

We already tried the freeze wizard things, but it is specific to Artarkis' gamertag, mine works fine. Thanks I Dave we will look at the page you suggest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having read through several of the other threads here, this seems connected to a much bigger issue caused by the July update, can someone from support confirm this? Is it being worked on? We really want to play split screen again.

Sorry this didn't help.