One Disc to Unread them all

Just picked up the new LOTR game, put it in my xbox "Disc Unreadable".  It will play every other disc i own though.  Went through all the troubleshooting, still no luck.  Anyone have suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there, i had this problem with my old xbox, all my old games worked perfect on it, but when i bought new ones, it came up disc unreadable. my guess is the lens was either dirty or on its way out, as i took it to a local computer shop and he replaced the reading lens for me and its worked perfect ever since, hopefully its either the game you have, or a simple fix like this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Was the game new or used where you purchased it? If it is new the the disc is still under warranty, provided you are still in the warranty period provided by the store for returning it to them. Also there is a customer service number in the manual where you can contact the publisher of the game. Some stores i.e Pawn Shops, have a once you bought it, it's yours, as is warranty, and then you can try to get the disc buffed out at your local video store.

Make sure the disc has no swirls or scratches as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you still have the receipt i suggest going back and trading it for another copy. Tell them your situation so they can send it to the maker.

Sorry this didn't help.