One Death

Let me start off by saying this is not a rant or a complaint. I'm just trying to figure out what the logic is behind anyone doing this. Game starts. Player 'A' runs around a corner and gets killed by the enemy, the enemy is not camping. Player 'A' quits. Why? I have seen this happen more and more lately. Are there really players out there who don't expect to get killed in a match? I would think it would make for an unenjoyable experience if you backed out after getting killed once in every match you played.

I know it is just a video game and it is supposed to be fun but how can anyone enjoy themselves by playing like this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There was someone on the forum a while back who did a lot of bragging about his k/d. Of course he got accused of dashboarding, etc. but he insisted over and over that he left games where he was put in to a losing match, and that was the only reason ( other than a list of "cheap" tactics being used).

Well he sent me a message one day so he could look at my stats, and began harassing me about my low k/d. Figuring turnabout is fairplay, I took it one step futher and ff'd through a bunch of his matches in theater mode. I found something interesting. Apparently "being put in a losing match" quite often meant that he started from the beginning of the match, and  he didnt get his spyplane up before his first death.

It wasnt every single match, but better 3/4 of them. If he died before 3 kills ...... he backed out. I figure it was just his way of ensuring a decent match, before wasting more than a minute or so on it.

Perhaps its the same with those you have run into. Maybe they use the first few seconds of the match as a guage fro what the rest of it will be like, and just refuse to play a match that they dont think they have a chance of owning.

that is for horrible players

[quote user="masterkingatem"]

that is for horrible players

[/quote]

I wouldnt say horrible players, just ones that cant accept that they arent as good as they think.

i'm willing to say it's those players who try to record some sort of intro to a montage or whatever.

*shrug*

RAGE[ON]

Embarrassment?

You see the same thing with the people who earn the honor of being the last kill.

[quote user="ZOMBIE on XBL"]

Embarrassment?

You see the same thing with the people who earn the honor of being the last kill.

[/quote]

if i am the last kill it better be a good one, last night final killcam - groundwar domination on Hanoi. 6 out of 9 players on my team shooting at 1 person on the other team, thats alot of bullets i get the kill by tossing a frag and getting direct impact... i wonder how that 1 guy felt?

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

Perhaps its the same with those you have run into. Maybe they use the first few seconds of the match as a guage fro what the rest of it will be like, and just refuse to play a match that they dont think they have a chance of owning.

[/quote]

I never thought of it that way. It still doesn't make much sense to me. I've been placed in many matches where one team was losing hard and came back at the end to pull off a win or a very close tie. People can't really gauge how a match is going to go at the very beginning for the entire duration. Thanks for the input.

I've seen a few people quit out of domination games they think are stick on losses. The teams are usually only eight points apart though and the losing (also the quitter's) team has two flags.

Maybe player "A" unloaded a whole clip into that mutha effer, and for his reward he got killed instead.  Maybe he saw the lag was just gonna **** him off and quit early cause he had a bad connection.  There could be many circumstances on why he left.