On screen controls keep popping up.

I wasn't able to find another thread addressing this, so hopefully I'm not asking something that has already been discussed. Frequently, while watching live TV, the onscreen TV controls along the bottom of the screen will pop up and will not go away unless I hit the B button on the controller.. A few seconds later, and they pop right back up and the process is repeated over and over. Sometimes it lasts for under a minute, other times it seems like it will go on in an endless loop as long as I keep interacting with it. I've left the menu up on the screen for a considerable amount of time to see if it will go away on it's own, but it doesn't. This doesn't happen every time I watch TV, but it happens often enough that it's becoming a frustration.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 149 Applies to:

I see the same thing in my setup.  THAT and seeming to have to hit PLAY when changing channels or first starting up.  It's as if the builtin DVR stuff is acting up (and of course the Xbox One does not seem to understand how to access or use the DVR on my cable box!!)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same thing happening to me. VERY annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same thing as well. At first I thought it was the Kinect doing it, but if you power off the Xbox One completely it will clear this for a while.

Sorry this didn't help.

A thing I noticed: When setting up Kinect, test loudly... very loud (if too loud the Xbox will give you an on-screen message) with no background noise at all.

Sorry this didn't help.