OMG Dice are actually worried now

I think Dice expected the Beta to get a better reception than it did.

At the moment I've seen more BF3 adverts today than I did MW2 ads the day before MW2 was due out.

I think Dice might be a bit worried that BF3 isn't going to sell.

Kinda worrying as this is the level of advertising 1 month before release

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the advertising doesnt put up a red flag.

ITS A BETA, I mean really, not only that its here to HELP them, so im sure this isnt an issue for them, as much as it is made for us to be WTS, and buy it, and be like WOW...

Their fault for releasing a **** old beta.

I'm not cancelling my preorder...

It's called a marketing blitz, and if you haven't noticed it's been going on since E3. It's not because they're worried, it's because they want to sell their game. If you want casual folks to buy something other than CoD, you have to let them know that something else exists.

Exactly...casuals buy what is shown to them. I hope all the noobs buy it, I plan on boosting my KD to crazy levels early on against these people. l o l o l ol

What could you possibly know about DICE and there concerns; plans or motives? The Beta was a simple server load test. That is it. This way they are ready for the amount of stress on launch. The build is older because it takes about a month to get the beta approved(by microsoft or sony) for download. And I don't believe the respectable online services allow a demo larger than 2GB... I use the word demo in reference to a file download only!!! this would mean things have been scaled back and compressed. Everything from visual textures and particle effects, destruction... to... audio effects like the amount of dialogue in play and ambient effects... some game mechanics have been completely been turned off in the beta. SO... are they worried? No. I think their willingness to release a beta of this quality is a confidence that most game makers don't possess. DICE knows they have a AAA title that will build their current fan base exponentially... And I favor CoD, but this game is going to be good.

[quote user="JiRoE"]

What could you possibly know about DICE and there concerns; plans or motives? The Beta was a simple server load test. That is it. This way they are ready for the amount of stress on launch. The build is older because it takes about a month to get the beta approved(by microsoft or sony) for download. And I don't believe the respectable online services allow a demo larger than 2GB... I use the word demo in reference to a file download only!!! this would mean things have been scaled back and compressed. Everything from visual textures and particle effects, destruction... to... audio effects like the amount of dialogue in play and ambient effects... some game mechanics have been completely been turned off in the beta. SO... are they worried? No. I think their willingness to release a beta of this quality is a confidence that most game makers don't possess. DICE knows they have a AAA title that will build their current fan base exponentially... And I favor CoD, but this game is going to be good.

[/quote]

Thank you.  I wish I could have said it, but it would have come out all wrong.  Plus the fact that you favor COD, and are saying this is rather unexpected but a good sign.  Youre right, a lot of things had to be scaled down to compress into a 1.5 GB download.  DICE even mentioned they turned off destruction for the beta as well as something else.  Its a beta, thats all it is.  We know what DICE can do, and Im surprised a few vets are even doubting DICE and their ability to deliver on a BF game, especially after all the ad and hype surrounding this game.  Plus, with a month before release, any business for anything thats been hyped up would start their major advertising market right now. 

server load test....well, I'd say from my own experience...the test failed.....now, I'm not faulting the game itself as I realize its a seriously flawed beta  , so fanboys relax....but the connection issues with the beta suck....constantly getting dropped from the server....doesn't happen with other EA games including BC2...it's just this beta

-

once again fanboys...loosen your sphincters...I'm not attacking whats most precious to you...I'm saying the connection sucks

I havent had any major connection issues with the beta, and I live in a college dorm.  Sure Ive been dropped from a few games, but overall, ive played more games than I was dropped from.  Sure Ive had trouble getting into a game, and playing with friends, but once Im in a game, Im good.