old xbox games

hi. i just recently got my xbox 360 and i was wondering if it can play old xbox games. does anyone know if it can?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can play some original Xbox games on your Xbox 360 console, if you have an Xbox 360 Hard Drive and the latest console software.

Information about how to update your console software is available on our Xbox support website:

support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-360/how-to/update-xbox-360/system-updates.aspx

List of games playable on 360

xbox.about.com/.../360bclist.htm

you can play some still not all of them though, you can pretty much just play the more popular games really.

The link Assassinator010 posted will help you out a lot. Enjoy your 360!

kk then. thank you guys so much!!!

I would like to play my Scarface game again but, it's not available on the 360. Do you know if thay're gonna make it a on demand game on the Xbox 360?

If you don't see a game on the list, go ahead and try it before you give up completely. The games on the list have been 'tested' I've seen several non list games work just fine.

welcome !

[quote user="Th3 Tater"]

If you don't see a game on the list, go ahead and try it before you give up completely. The games on the list have been 'tested' I've seen several non list games work just fine.

[/quote]

One of those several wouldn't be Jaws right? Just figured I'd ask.

No, I almost bought one from an auction site, but I asked the seller and they had tried it in the 360. *SIGH* I freaking loved that game and some jerk stole it before I could finish it. I'll just get a PS2 copy when I get around to replacing that. (Again... 2 hardware failures and one theft) Releasing it on marketplace would be a great idea. Hint, Hint...

Sucks that I'd have to buy or borrow an obsolete system to play such a fun game.