Old maps found in Mw3 mp_files

Crash, Crossfire, Highrise (only Mw2 map), Overgrown, and Strike were all found in the Mw3 multiplayer map files. Pic:

(Pic taken from Mp1st.com)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Highrise and Crossfire (especially Crossfire) = love.

-

However, I'm concerned about the fact that they are bringing back Crash, Overgrown, and Strike AGAIN, as good as those maps are.  Why not pick a new old map?  One we haven't seen in several years?  Why bring back the ones you already brought back?  I think I know the answer (and it has something to do with laziness and not having to re-encode and re-skin these maps as much as they would a map they didn't already migrate to MW2).

-

Speaking of which (this is a bit of a tangent), does anyone else notice a lot of minor coding errors that were present in MW2 as well?  I got the challenge for five kills with a single Predator Missile in a match by getting five kills with Predators throughout the game, and I also occasionally see the final killcams where the camera is zoomed in extra far and only part of the player's gun is showing; both of these glitches were present in MW2 as well.  Someone must have had a huge craving for some copypasta in the last year or so...

-

EDIT:  In other news, the new maps sound really intriguing.  Paris could be at the Eiffel Tower like the campaign mission.  Radar sounds fun, I don't know why.  And I would love to be able to fight in Mogadishu.

What's Mogadishu? :P, seriously though, what is it? BTW, CoD and Battlefield both do the same thing, COPY/PASTE. Only thing is with Battlefield, they don't have lazy bk's, so they fix the damn problem. (Don't worry, 2 weeks after the release of Mw2, the old IW staff were fired because Activision wanted too, that's why Mw2 didn't fix it's problems).

^ So much fail in that post.

^ So much fail, you don't even mention what the fail was in it. Fantasic, you just made yourself look like an idiot.

I saw this in another forum, I never played COD4 so I am looking forward to the maps.

^ Then how about, you go play CoD4? (No offence) I couldn't really care less about the COD4 maps, I really, really, love Highrise.

I liked highrise but i dislike the fact they are recycling maps and charging for them...

^ (except I don't particularly think much of Highrise).

What would do them some really good PR-wise would be to re-package five or six maps from CoD4 and MW2 (and even CoD2, but it's Activision we're talking about) and give them to us for free or at the price of one map pack.  We already paid for them, why have to pay again?  However the older maps are the classics so why not bring them back?  Make them for the love of their game, not the love of money, like several companies used to.

-

So basically, give us 10-12 old maps from CoD4 and MW2 for free or the price of one map pack.  That would exponentially boost their PR and it wouldn't require THAT much work since not much of the game has changed over the last few years.

-

I mean, in an ideal world, being able to play on every map IW has ever made would be the best, but once again, it's Activision.

I don't think i want to play maps from cod4 because it will make me realize how horrible this game really is.