Old Gamertags

So are they still resetting old XBL gamertags? Haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IOM, I would say it will be on going.

Resetting old gamertag, what? I'm confused lol :P

I think they stopped becuase of people selling 'original' gamertags.

Selling GTs???    I've never seen a GT I'd pay for. *shakes head in disbelief*

I was looking at the sweet Tron 360 controllers on E-bay and not only was the guy selling the controller but at the end he had his gamer-tag posted for sale as well.I can't for the life of me understand that concept.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

Selling GTs???    I've never seen a GT I'd pay for. *shakes head in disbelief*

[/quote]

A lot of people snatched original one-word gamertags and put them up for sale knowing that people wanted them badly.

I wonder how much the gamertags 'Jesus Christ' or 'Justin Bieber' would sell for... I actually envy those who snatched those gamertags!

Gamertag selling is alot more common than you'd think. If people can sell a half eaten sandwich claiming that President Obama was the one to bite off it on Ebay then you can sell a Gamertag no sweat.

I thought they had stopped releasing the old tags for the time being, untill they found a way of stopping people grabbing them and selling. Might be wrong though, this was a fair few weeks back.

[quote user="Piztup"]

I thought they had stopped releasing the old tags for the time being, untill they found a way of stopping people grabbing them and selling. Might be wrong though, this was a fair few weeks back.

[/quote]

They still are, as far as I know.