... Okay, WTF?!

Since the new patch became available, I thought I'd try to finish up some quests etc, I had trouble with during my first playthrough... and found some more problems. As I loaded a earlier save to work towards getting the final achievement I need (One with the Shadows), I've found that some quests I originally completed with that character, I've been unable to do so. Case in point, the Jobs that Delvin Mallory and Vex give you in the Thieves Guild, I can do them... but when it came time to do a 'special job' for Delvin... it had him tell me initially what i had to do etc, yet when I went to Solitude to speak to the NPC in question, the quest didn't trigger. I tried to get some Daedric quests done (Boethiah's Calling, The House of Horrors, A Night to Remember, A Taste of Death and The Mind of Madness) as A: Was bored and B: in the case of Boethiah's Calling, the Ebony Mail would be useful for the Thieves jobs I needed to do)... yet they didn't trigger. I followed the info as it was stated in the Elder Scrolls V wiki... and nothing (I still can't get 'The Forsworn Conspiracy' finished either!).

Now, don't get me wrong, I do like this game... but these glitches! I'm regretting paying out $100 AUSD for this back in November last year!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't feel bad! They didn't "FIX" anything. They just added some more junk to what they already had. This is a great game and all, but it has it glitches and I for one think they will never "FIX" any of them. The same old Bethesda confuse the masses rhetoric. I now have 8 side quests and 2 main quests that I'm having trouble with. I tried my best to stay neutral but now the Dark Brotherhood is 'Black Screen Locking Up" when I try to get back into the sanctuary. And that stupid black horse? Showmere is a royal idiot. So! your not the only one having difficulty with the so called 1.5 ver fix. Just more junk in the machine.

The water now looks prettier when you swim. Behold, the great accomplishment of the new patch.

weather changed??  lol

I finished the game back in January, had no significant glitches. I did make an error in choices that messed up the Oblivion Walker achievement, so I had to start a new game to finish that off.  I'm tempted to update all the "fixes" since then, start a new game, and see if they've made things better or worse.

So far the patch has fixed 2 of the quests that were glitched for me so I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :)

I still can't get back into the Sanctuary and it's telling me to. Everytime the door starts to open, LOCK UP!! I've tried everything I can think of. Cache cleared, ofcourse, I have to restart my X-box everytime I trey to enter. So there goes just one more incomplete quest.

The only improvement I've seen with this one is the KillCam and the water. Nothing else has changed. Same old quests are still broke.

Skyrim will have glitches always.

Quest fixes usually require you to start a new game.

OK, got all the latest XBL updates and all the latest Skyrim updates. Started a new game under a different account. Had several 1 or 2 second black screens but they cleared up by themselves. Then, just a few minutes ago, my game completely froze. I was in early level 6, simply exchanging items with Lydia. Had to manually shut down the XBox360.  Sorry Bethesda, but your patch is bogus. My game played better than this back in Nov-Jan.  

I may go back to it but there is just not much interest anymore. Still way too many things wrong with the game for me to give it anymore of my time. I may play what I have but Freezing has broken the straw.