Ok, you say this is an old beta then...

Show me a video for the xbox that has these so called better graphics and gameplay. Then I will leave the issue alone. Till then, this beta is a massive failure.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

how bout not and you shush.

i agree with opp, im massively dissapointed at the moment and unfortunately dont think i will be picking this one up.

How can any beta be a failure?

@issac, easy. Put out one that isnt truly representative of the final product (allegedly)

But everything in the beta should be fixed by release, hence beta.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[/quote]

Don't try and change there minds. Everyone seems to think beta=demo, so i would just enjoy the beta for what it is. And not worry about all the people hating on it. They most likely would have turned out to be the thousands of people that think they can snipe in a subway waiting room.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[/quote]

You avoided his question... The beta might be an old build, but how old exactly? Just a month? That's not a lot of time to improve the graphics and functionality that much. Any game's beta will run almost exactly the same as the final game, hence beta being the last step before the gold build is released to distributors. (The beta is also just before the ZBR)

-

I did hear they tuned the graphics down a little bit, but will it really make a massive leap in looks? Nope. Will the game function almost perfectly with no hiccups? Nope. The game is near final, ESPECIALLY with a beta build that is only a month old. Halo's betas have been well over 5 months old and looked nearly identical to the gold build. They also ran nearly identical, except with obvious housekeeping improvements (Better online functionality, matchmaking, etc.) 

-

A more comparable beta to relate to it would be the Starcraft 2 beta, which was around 2-3 months old when it came out. That game also functioned and looked nearly identical. 

-

I really hope I'm wrong, but this beta has given all of my buddies who play the hell out of Call of Duty quite a bit of reason to hate on Battlefield. Before it was basically only because it had a steep learning curve. Now it's for a myriad of reasons including tons of glitches, balancing issues (UMP, Mobile Spawnpoint, etc.), scoring system (Kills net you WAY more than Objective/Support roles now with suppression bonuses, among others), and many other things.

As I said, show me some console footage with these "true" graphics and sound and I will rest my case. Until then, this beta is only going to be viewed as a very bad decision. People keep saying "confuse beta with demo", but while I know the difference, what about all the other people who dont know the difference? Look at the forums and all the complaints, a direct result of this bad decision. A lot of times, demos are a factor in peoples purchase choices. EA and Dice are out to make the most money they can off of their product, so why put out something not truly representative of the product? Why take an elitist stance and put out a beta that only uber fanboys can totally defend?

[quote user="Jedi Knight GZ"]

As I said, show me some console footage with these "true" graphics and sound and I will rest my case. Until then, this beta is only going to be viewed as a very bad decision. People keep saying "confuse beta with demo", but while I know the difference, what about all the other people who dont know the difference? Look at the forums and all the complaints, a direct result of this bad decision. A lot of times, demos are a factor in peoples purchase choices. EA and Dice are out to make the most money they can off of their product, so why put out something not truly representative of the product? Why take an elitist stance and put out a beta that only uber fanboys can totally defend?

[/quote]The operation guillotine trailer is xbox 360 footage and looks much better than the beta graphics,but i think they should release more footage to put these threads to rest