OK, I took the plunge and bought it!

Now what? To all of the hardcore Reach folks out there, what makes this game so amazing and fulfilling as a gamer? I've done my usual "walkthrough" where I have beaten the game right away on a moderate difficulty setting to get my Halo chops back. I have started playing it on Heroic level and am about halfway through. What else makes this game great aside from the solo campaigns?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have to agree with Speedy on half of his stuff. I've finally started playing the game again (my 3rd time off and on with this game since release). The Jetpack is just overpowered in how they can scale up especially to places out of reach to other players, and even with my great sense of awareness, surround sound, and the radar, I have trouble locating a jetpacker near and above me far too often. Since I use Bumper Jumper, jetpacking isn't even an option for me since I have no aim control while jetpacking. I get a black screen almost everytime someone quits. There is no way possible that every quitter is the host, and often it lasts too long. Spawn Killing isn't an issue, but I have had too many instances of being spawned in the worst possible locations. I don't agree with the rest. Armor Lock is great and necessary in BTB because of vehicles, Living Dead always has that perfect spot but it isn't 100%, Banshee is weak to rockets, lasers, snipers, and everyone shooting at it at the same time. Bloom is both great and annoying, mainly because I don't think I'll ever pick up on the timing and lose DMR battles way too often.

The game is fun overall. Personally, I regret ever buying it because I was dissapointed by the singleplayer greatly, because FireFight isn't any fun (and no where near as exciting as ODST's), and multiplayer hasn't captured me. I don't think you should waste the money on any DLC. Community maps and other maps added into the cycles have been more than enough to keep the maps fresh.

I recomend messing around with playlists till you find the right fit. I used to play Team Slayer and Team SWAT all the time. Since I returned to Reach after months of not playing, I got rated in the Arena which actually sucks. I got rated Gold and only play against Onyx players and always get my @@@ kicked. I've found Squad Slayer, Multi-Team, and BTB to be the only things keeping me going in this game, however, the amount of stupid teammates is driving me crazy.

Bungie themselves said they weren't doing a TU so if anything they may have given the tools to 343i to implement a TU which to me translates as "Here you go fix our mistakes." Bungie might be doing playlist updates but compared to the support they gave their other games that's nothing so it feels like they gave up on the game.  Don't get me wrong playlist updates are fine and dandy but when there are more important things that need to be fixed like basic coding then maybe the coding should be focused on.  Now I'll admit I'm out of the halo loop since I've played Reach maybe 3 times in the last 3 or 4 months and haven't gone to Bungie's website since the weekly updates consisted of 1 paragraph and nothing but pictures with a "witty" comment( also 3 or 4 months) so I wasn't aware of a TU when I made my post but that doesn't change the lack of support given to this game vs. previous titles at this point in their life cycle.  If there is a TU on the way though then maybe this game will be playable again.  Do you happen to have a link detailing the 100's of changes and fixes on the way?  I couldn't find anything detailing or even mentioning anything like that.  I also don't remember the previous titles needing 100's of changes/fixes, that just speaks even more on how Bungie gave up on this game.  

Look at the account ban/ suspension forum (or whatever it's called) and almost everybody there is banned because of cheating in CoD. That or they have something offensive in their GT or bio and didn't change it after numerous warnings.

Just on the point of cheating, I've seen two cheaters in Ranked H3 Snipers, a cheater in Social Slayer, two random DDOS users along with two of my mates and...

... Yeah that's about it, and it was all H3, over about nine and a half thousand games.. I haven't seen anything in Reach myself, but that's over nine hundred games I think. Either way, cheating is not prominent in Halo games.

I haven't seen anything in CoD4, 6 or 7 either, to my knowledge, but I've been in a two hacked lobbies on PC. I doubt that CoD's terrible reputation is completely unfounded, of course.

Hey! Don't bring in Cosssta In here! Halo charts is stupid for kicking out the whole team. (Gamesager removed me, my heart is broken :( )

As a proud member if WAY, Cosssta's group, I can say Cosssta does not cheat. Only one member of Obey does. It's not fair to punish the whole team for one guy.

Even if they didn't cheat, they'd still be the best. PERIOD D:<

(I just went -5 against Goat's team in BTB)

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

Blackest, imagine a game of team slayers were a WHOLE team is glitched out of the map, unkillable.

Betray/AFK for 15 minutes? :D

[/quote]

You would happen to know about a lot of the cheating... as the guys you glorify just got kicked out of Halo Charts tournament for being cheaters. Haha they fail so hard... constantly black screening, host booting, etc. It's pathetic. One of them even said, "We usually decide not to cheat" Hopefully 343i's won't be too kind to cheaters. Basically blows your entire defense of Gamesagers or any of those other guys, no?

See the thing is even in the rare case that there are actually a few map glitches, guys who mod (They are banned very soon after, I have seen a couple Aimbotters in matchmaking but they don't last long, a match or two at best), and even network manipulation (Legal issue, authorities should be alerted. Nothing to do with Bungie) you NEVER see any of it in matchmaking. You have a better chance of getting in a car accident than you do to see a single cheater in Halo: Reach.

With that being said, I've seen a couple. A modder in Halo 3 in the first week and twice I played members of your little buddies and they blackscreened a lot, and made it lag for us. So 3 games with cheating players out of.... over 3,000 games.

Compared to other games like Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead or Crysis 2, or any of the other dozens of FPS's out there that's the single best anti-cheating software and in-game coding to prevent cheating in the gaming world. Period.

Oh and Apple, a lot has changed and a lot has been revealed about Bungie's involvement with the TU. The most logical end to all the evidence is that Bungie was working with 343i's on making the Title Update along with the monthly Playlist Updates. Hundreds of changes and fixes for the better. No idea how you can ignore the cold, hard evidence slapping you in the face about Bungie supporting the game, but to each their own then eh?

Realize that if you have played any previous Halo games this game will be a HUGE let down (unless you are totally casual and not competitive, then it will only be a minor let down).  Bungie gave up on the game, and by that I mean they didn't update it like they did with their previous titles.  No title update means there are still broken gameplay mechanics that were there when the game was released and even bad coding that they couldn't be bothered to fix.  If you want an okay FPS that can be fun at times this is the game for you, but if you are looking for an above average FPS and the Halo experience then you'll have to look elsewhere.

That glitch required 2 people so one person would be left out. They would be caught sometime soon after they started glitching and ban ending that issue. And I'll deal with one match every now and then as opposed to CoD where it's a constant thing.

Blackest, imagine a game of team slayers were a WHOLE team is glitched out of the map, unkillable.

Betray/AFK for 15 minutes? :D

I fail to see were that clip shows anything gamebreaking. So somebody can glitch outside of the map with the help of another person, how does that effect anybody else? It's not like then they can still kill you but you can't kill them. And the very next video, the CoD one, is way more of an issue then anything I have ever seen playing Halo. I mean I have never ever seen anyone go into "god mode" playing halo aside from in custom games.