Oh no a new update!!!

What do I do???? To install or not to install, that is the question....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can always uninstall at a later date if need be, but from what I understand this update is to combat what the old update messed with.

[quote user="Unspoken Lies"]

You can always uninstall at a later date if need be, but from what I understand this update is to combat what the old update messed with.

[/quote]

Actually, you can't uninstall the patch.

Once you play the game with a new patch, any save that you try to use after wards will be invalid without the patches installed.

You will receive a message: "This save was created with Patch 1.x  You will need to install the latest patch in order to play this save."

Install, reports are good. Fixed what 1.2 broke and no major problems reported so far. Don't expect broken quests to be fixed though, Bethesda said this wouldn't happen until January.

[quote user="SargonParidius"] 

Once you play the game with a new patch, any save that you try to use after wards will be invalid without the patches installed.

You will receive a message: "This save was created with Patch 1.x  You will need to install the latest patch in order to play this save."

[/quote]

Did not know that I was still under the impression patches could be removed and gameplay continued but I suppose that is the Oblivion in me talking!

[quote user="Unspoken Lies"]

[quote user="SargonParidius"] 

[/quote]

Did not know that I was still under the impression patches could be removed and gameplay continued but I suppose that is the Oblivion in me talking!

[/quote]

just to clarify. You can still Clear the Cache and remove the Update. You will just need a Save File prior to the Update. Once a Save is created with the "new" Update, it must have that Update in order to play that Save File. So, if you don't mind losing a little progress and simply Loading an "older" Save File, you can still try an Update.

sooo... is this the update that fixes 1.2??? i need to know so i dont update it or what not

Below are the patch notes for 1.3:.

• General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/15/skyrim-patch-1-3-hits-xbox-live.aspx

thank the nine!!.... oh god i need to stop talking like the damn guards in skyrim haha!

FINALLY!!

anybody else having problems putting weapons on the racks?

I installed it finally after the update and it runs like a dream. Loading times are about a tenth of what they were and there's no lag at the menus. I'd recommend it.