Official Patch Notes 1.04 (11/2/2011)

So I was on the dark souls english forums and I came across the the official patch notes for the patch thats comming out on the PS3 tomorrow. No word on the xbox version, but I can guess they don't have any word since the patch has to go through microsofts certification, which could slow things down for us making us gett the same patch a week or two later, by the time Skyrim will be out and "bye bye dark souls" when that happens.

The patches have been translated to english from japanese so yea, you may get confused as to what some stuff says.

Software-only PlayStation ® 3 "Dark Soul" at, so we have confirmed delivery dates for new updates ver1.04, will guide you.

Ver1.04 updates 
, November 02 (Wednesday) will be distributed from 12:00

The main contents are as follows: the corresponding correction.

The main items to be improved [fix]
some magic · review of the effect of 
  "magic shield", "magic shield" strong 
  "history of a moderate peace" Slow effects, such as 
  "Ring of the Mist," 
  "Iron Body " 
to attribute weapon · weapons capability review of the balance of 
magic adjustment / armor / weapon - other 
  "magic fire" magic power correction and tuning 
· matching conditions adjusted Multiplayer 
• In multiplayer when you kill a boss Adjust the amount of available host in Seoul (available in full) 
- "Orb cracked red eye" when it fails to break in using a number of high rate corrected to use 
when adjusting the amount of the defeated enemy acquisition Seoul 
Adjusting items when you kill an enemy drop 
  some boss "humanity" and "bone fragment return" drop the 
  item drop rate adjustments and commitments reinforced materials, especially low drop rate 
item by finding may force · Person increase effective coordination 
coordination • The shop lineup

Merchants of Immortality (M)
"Bottomless wooden box" Add
Merchants of Immortality (Female)
"Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt" Add
Andrei blacksmith
"Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt" Add
The Xena Donaru
If the ritual after moving to the next day, and "universal key" Add
Giant blacksmith
"Arrow" normal, "or" big "feather and", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt," "Sniper Bolt"
"Fragments of a stone wedge," "fragments of the rock wedge," "fragments of the green wedge", "shining stone wedge",
Box "fire weapons", "fire armor box," box "repair" Add
Vamos blacksmith
"Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt"
"Fragments of a stone wedge," "Box arms fire," "fire armor box," box "repair" Add
Inguuado Healer
"Curse of the temporary" add

Pledge - "Warriors of the Sun" downward adjustment constraints (× 5 ≧ 25 + multiplayer number of successful faith × 5 ≧ 50 ⇒ number of successes + Multiplayer faith) 
required downward adjustment of acquittal in Seoul (Level level × 500 × 2000 ⇒ ) 
· Adjust the weight with 
Lock-on, adjust and lock switching 
• Enable modification of the case hangs 
on display in Seoul changed and the level up menu 
behavior fix or magic items that can be used indefinitely for certain operations · 
Attacks Fixed problem that the imposition of a one-second delay 
on lap, 2, "Astra Soraru" behavior modification event does not proceed 
- "Exploring the king's Furamuto" By feeding the stone wedge, wedge If the number exceeds 99 possession of the stone, the number of bug fixes and zero possession 
of a phenomenon at a particular location map drawn to · avoid non-progression 
with a change in the overseas edition is in English produce some changes in the subtitle

- - How to apply the latest updates ver1.04
quit the game once on the check that is connected to the line, please start the game again. 
The latest updates are downloaded automatically when you start the game, will be applied.

This time it took to long to deliver updates to the file, it will also slow down the guide, apologizes.

HA HA!! The ring of fog is getting NERFED!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm happy for the PS3 players but the fact that it HAS NOT been announced officialy for the xbox leaves me worried. MS is also known for taking forever with updates and patches.

Depending on how much you trust internet "buzz" there was talk in some of the wiki forums that the patch wasn't even being applied to the Xbox version...like they weren't even going to bother addressing it with support.  I can't imagine a company doing that...maybe it's just being delayed.  I'll be really interested in seeing how this shapes up.  I gave up on my Xbox version and played PS3, mostly because of the lack of summoning, and the constant "failed" for stones I did try.

I'm sure it will happen. I also can't imagine a company just ignoring one of the console versions. I just think we might have to wait 3-4 months for it and them by then it will already be dead.

Man, it's too bad.  If they don't want to support the Xbox version, why did they bother releasing it on the console?  I wonder if there's a way to find out how many Xbox versions were sold since release?

[quote user="Back Lot Basher"]I wonder if there's a way to find out how many Xbox versions were sold since release?[/quote]

According to this almost 208,000 Xbox copies sold worldwide.

[quote user="Fly Guy8791"]

I'm sure it will happen. I also can't imagine a company just ignoring one of the console versions. I just think we might have to wait 3-4 months for it and them by then it will already be dead.

[/quote]

Unreal Tournament III says hi!  Fully supported on the PS3, with updates, patches, and a huge 1.2GB downloadable expansion.  Also supports user created Mods.

Xbox?  Not a single thing.

There are a few games where the Xbox version has been completely crapped on.  It's sad.

Also Valve, which is a hugely succesful company, crapped on the console version of Team Fortress 2.  Not a single update.

I remember playing TF2 and eventually giving up for that reason.  So, I wonder if Dark Souls will suffer the same fate?  PS3 has a whole raft of things being fixed, everything from the Ring of Fog and TWoP, right down to giving some new inventory to merchants in the early game (the two undead ones).  Apparently 208,000 people who shelled out hard earned money don't deserve a finished product.

Well they shipped 400,000 copies of Dark Souls to the US.  I'll be mighty unpleased with FROM SOFTWARE if they decide not to support this game.  Makes me a sad panda.

Apparently, FROM SOFTWARE confirmed they are not doing a 360 patch on Twitter. They say it's Namco's responsibility as they ported the game to the 360.