*** of the orient

The new game from Team Bondi who made L.A. Noire seems to be in a bit of trouble.  Not just for the name which it seems the word Orient is the more offensive. The studio has suffered lay offs and Warner Bros has pulled out of a deal to publish it. The game is set in Shanghai in 1936, apparently the most corrupt city on the planet, and bearer of the games title as a nickname. Based on leaked footage it looks a lot like a period version of Sleeping Dogs. Speaking of which it seems Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars is an Xbox One title.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlVkkAl2bA]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I honestly doubt this game will ever release

At this point in time that is highly likely. If it does I would not be surprised to see a name change.

not interested in this game to be honest, even if it is released they will change the name and hopefully the time period, way to many games out for that time period its well overdone, just like cod is :L

[quote user="ViiRuKs"]

not interested in this game to be honest, even if it is released they will change the name and hopefully the time period, way to many games out for that time period its well overdone, just like cod is :L

[/quote]....

what?

I hope it comes out.  I remember reading about it a few months ago and I liked the idea behind it.  Funny how the game's title got censored too.

I can understand why the first word is controversial but "Orient"?  

Just watched link...it looks fun.  I like the dramatic music and the realistic fist fighting is interesting.  You don't really see that too often.  

The title needs changing.

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

[quote user="ViiRuKs"]

[/quote]....

what?

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.

Looked like a fun game, unfortunately it will almost certainly be released half done. If it doesn't, it will be a testament to their hard work.