Odd glitch

As I was fighting in Ladder mode as  Lui Kang, I've seen that the final three fighters had what looked like a Golden skin that made them untouchable and harder to beat that normal. This happen in the Komplete Edition, so has anyone else had this problem.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="German Agent"]

As I was fighting in Ladder mode as  Lui Kang, I've seen that the final three fighters had what looked like a Golden skin that made them untouchable and harder to beat that normal. This happen in the Komplete Edition, so has anyone else had this problem.

[/quote]

It's not a glitch, it's armour.  When the "bosses" attack, especially Shao Khan, they get armour which prevents them from getting knocked out of their attack or stunned, and I believe it only lets a small amount of your damage through (or none at all).  Once the armour's gone, as it only lasts a second, you can pound on them like normal.

--
Juxtapose13

STUPID ARMOUR!  I hate that the boss characters do that, especially at random.

[quote user="PhillyBreezy"]

STUPID ARMOUR!  I hate that the boss characters do that, especially at random.

[/quote]

It's not at random, it's when they begin an attack.  Once you learn the timing it's extremely predictable.

--
Juxtapose13

its easy to get past as well, jump over there head so even if you do hit them when they have armor on, your hitting them on the other side of there attack.

[quote user="SatanicAssassin"]

its easy to get past as well, jump over there head so even if you do hit them when they have armor on, your hitting them on the other side of there attack.

[/quote]

And this allows you to chain into a combo.

--
Juxtapose13

True, but sometimes it's like they are cheating and nobody thought about the backlash of feedback.

[quote user="German Agent"]

True, but sometimes it's like they are cheating and nobody thought about the backlash of feedback.

[/quote]

They aren't cheating, they're fighting game bosses.

At the start of any attack they do they have armour.  Knowing this will help you plan accordingly.

Take Shao Khan on Expert, for example.  Start the match blocking as he often starts by shoulder charging or uprise shoulder charging.  If he does something else you'll still be safe unless it's a Hammer Sweep or Hammer Toss.  If a Sweep, you get knocked down; keep blocking as a shoulder charge is likely coming.  If a Toss, you have that second to jump forward and punch, starting a combo.

If he does just charge, it's blocked then you can jump over his head, punch, and start a combo.  Wash, rinse, and repeat until you win.

Some characters have even better odds though, like Mileena, as she can duck his Hammer Tosses or even better, Ball Roll when he pretty much does anything popping him up for a combo.

--
Juxtapose13

lol armor

Certain character's special moves have armor if you press RT while performing them. I find this very useful with slower characters, like Sheeva. Doing so, however, drains 1 bar of meter.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Certain character's special moves have armor if you press RT while performing them. I find this very useful with slower characters, like Sheeva. Doing so, however, drains 1 bar of meter.

[/quote]

Many Enhanced Special Moves have armour, which is great for getting close to an opponent that's zoning.

--
Juxtapose13