Obsessed with 200% CDR

I don't know about you guys, but it seems no matter what class I play, I cannot convince myself there is a good reason to allow myself to drop below 200% CDR.  Now, granted I don't hold 100% to this and will allow a Vindicator and Heavy Pistol to pull me down to maybe 185% CDR, but that is the absolute longest CDR I can stand.

Does anyone have a Silver reliable build that forgoes 200% CDR that is worth using?  I am trying to break this little habit.

P.S. - Don't even bother with Infiltrator replies.  I hate sniping in this and pretty much any other game I play.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depends on the class you are playng

Krogans get +50 Weight Capacity and can reduce the weight of shotguns by 30%

My Turian Soldier has Geth Pulse Rifle X and Plasma Shotgun X

His recharge is +135% which means concussive shot recharges in less than two seconds (the way I have it set up at least)

I giot human soldiers with the same loadout at +126%

I don't have the mattock or Phaeston up all that high

I tend to play Engineers and Adepts mainly.  I have tried Soldiers on a number of occasions, but their power setups just don't seem to cut it.

Make due with a decent Geth Weapon and the Carnflex

The pulse rifle is good for characters who rely on powers (adepts and Engineers Certainly fill that bill)

Man, seems they lowered the GPR's weight.  Even with that at VI and a Locust XIII (Lightweight at V) I have a 179% CDR on an Engineer.  

Should have tried that earlier.

I use an Quarian Infiltrator on Silver\Gold.

I don't snipe, I just use the Geth Plasma Shotgun (I think it's VI and I can hit targets up close or across the map and it deals alot of damage). That gives me about +160% which means if there are objectives to deactivate or team mates to revive I can quickly cloak, revive or deactive, cloak again after about 2 or 3 seconds and run away or get to the next objective. Means I can do that while my team takes out the enemy and provides covering fire.

This really saves medi-gel when you're playing on Gold with about 4 Geth Primes wreaking havoc.

When you are levelling up your character it helps to put points into lowering the recharge speed or duration of your power, then it gives you some leeway when it comes to CDR%.

• I use the Asari Vangaurd with the Geth Pulse Shotgun and Carnifex X (scoped)
  • Both are level 10 and it brings me down to about 90 percent CDR.
  • She also has the options of increasing weight capacity and lowering heavy pistols, so i might experiment with those.
  • 100 CDR allows me to spam stasis so i'm happy.

I used to be the same way till I got to know my Salarian Infiltrator w/Black Widow III at +42%. He and my Quarian Engineer are my #1 and 2 go to classes for silver and gold.

I'm in the 200% crowd. If my character is power-based, I'll run it with pure speed so biotics can be spammed as needed. Infiltrators I'm not worried so much because the cool-down isn't that bad with cloak and by the time you start your sprint animation, you can generally be ready to start the cloak back up.

I suppose the same goes for the engineers because the most benefit I gain from those classes are the distraction powers like decoy, turret, and drone. I will however attempt to keep the powers above 100% because overload is very useful.

Now here is a question that sort of branches off from the topic... do you focus on speed reduction tree branches or power/damage given the option? I tend to run damage heavy on classes that are control classes because most of the time a teammate will take care of the enemy before the power ends normally. (Decoy and cloak of course being the only exceptions for me with one cloaked class reserved for extra damage.)

Thoughts?

I have noticed that I can't tell the difference between 185% and 200%. I have a Sentinel I play a lot and she relies heavily on being able to spam Warp and Throw. I used to carry just a Shirken SMG so I could stay at 200%, but I changed up to a Carnifex that puts me at around 185% and I can't tell the difference. The biggest difference I can see is that now I actually have a Weapon that can kill someone.

[quote user="RevJynxed"]

Now here is a question that sort of branches off from the topic... do you focus on speed reduction tree branches or power/damage given the option? I tend to run damage heavy on classes that are control classes because most of the time a teammate will take care of the enemy before the power ends normally. (Decoy and cloak of course being the only exceptions for me with one cloaked class reserved for extra damage.)

Thoughts?[/quote]

I focus AoE and effects mainly.  For instance, on Incinerate I will take AoE Radius -> DoT -> Armor Bonus.  While running near 200% I see very little bonus in taking a 25% or so speed up, which often amounts to less than 1/3 of a second.