Oblivion Games on Demand gets to 22% then Can't download

I purchased Oblivion Games on Demand when it was on offer a few weeks back but it wont complete the download onto my Xbox.  I have tried deleting the cache on my hard drive, I have tried downloading to a USB, I have even bought a new Xbox console and tried downloading to that but every time the download gets to 22% and then fails.  Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Greetings SleepingSword! Can you tell us what network set up you're currently running? If you're using a wireless connection, can I have you try a direct wired connection to your router? If you continue to have download issues with this game can you hook directly into the modem? You only need to wire as a test, if you have no issues downloading content just give the direct connection a go for Oblivion then you can go back to your normal set up! Let us know how it goes. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My account is registered in the UK and I am in the UK.  I can download other items with no problem, for example I bought and downloaded Spelunky last week

Sorry this didn't help.

What country is your Xbox LIVE account registered to? You can find this information out by going to this page here and looking under Country/Region.

What country are you currently located in?

-

An issue like this usually occurs when the country you're currently located in does not match the country of your Xbox LIVE account. There is certain content on Xbox LIVE that are regionally restricted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies.  

I have deleted the failed downloads from the hard disk.  When I tried downloading to the USB stick I removed the hard disk from the console and recovered the gamertag.  I bought a new Xbox console last week, hooked it up to live and recovered my gamertag and the first thing I tried was downloading Oblivion and it did the same thing it was doing on the old Xbox.

I did actually buy Resident Evil 4 when it was on offer at Halloween a few weeks ago and that downloaded properly.

Sorry this didn't help.

This has happen to my RE4 when I get 99% and it stops, you must make sure you are in the same region as your registered gamer tag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure you deleted any partial downloads for the game? Have you tried deleting your Gamertag off of the console and then redownloading it? Have you tried downloading it on another Gamertag on the Xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.