Oblivion Errors

Recently, I have been getting errors from Oblivion. The error itself looks something like this:

This disc is unreadable.

1. Clean the disc with a soft cloth. 2. Restart the console.

This error happens with and without an actual disc. It happens with and without the newest update. It happens with and without the DLC's. I have tried redownloading the DLC's, but I don't think it's a confliction problem. The problem occurs with and without all my saves, too. My friend, playing on my same xbox, but with a different hard drive IS able to play the DLC's and game without the error popping up. Even after reformatting my hard drive, both the disc and the downloaded version still give me the error. I only get the error for Oblivion, though.

Do I need a new hard drive, or is it the game itself? Is there a viable fix for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

The 'Disc Unreadable' error still occurs with the game installed. I think that since Oblivion caches info on hard drives, it might have cached the wrong info. Clearing it did nothing. I even tried using only a usb to play Oblivion, but it's still the same. I dug up my old pathetic 10GB and Oblivion works.......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You could try clearing the hard drive cache http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971755 however if that doesn't resolve your issue you will have to buy a new hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to install the game on your hard drive. Sometimes, this solves problems with cd's that are broken in some way.

To install, you should put the disc inside your Xbox, then go to my Xbox, Game Library.

Select Oblivion in your recent games and then select install. After the game has been installed, you should start your game in Game Library in the list of your installed games.

Tomster1001

Sorry this didn't help.