O dear update

Just finished my lighthouse with pistons now lag lag lag whenever im near it and freezes my Xbox

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Isolated Zombie"]Just finished my lighthouse with pistons now lag lag lag whenever im near it and freezes my Xbox

[/quote]

How many pistons are you using? Using a lot, especially set up with a clock, will always cause lag.

My friends world is really laggy and slow to load for me. But that's because he has so many things built, a lot of redstone wiring and now he added lots of pistons. If there is a great deal of things on yours or a friends world, it will lag a lot because there is so much to load.

____

I'm hoping if they do, which they are looking into it, rental servers that they will be really powerful servers that can manage a lot of things being built. But of course they won't be doing servers until around/after the 1.8 update in December.

Just played last night for 30min maybe while watching a movie.  Monster density was higher.  It seemed like they did less damage.  Only 2 blocks away from the light, cobblestone now turns brownish gray??  Yes, a couple lag spikes for no reason while only moving in one small area.

Hmmmm.... just played for 3 hours in a new world with pistons and no lags or drops? Curious?

Lol

The game is alot more laggy now, cobble stone texture is now particularly ugly, many color and lighting problems and as you noticed, pistons cause too many problems with the game...Another great game ruined by a bad patch...Oh well, time to move on.

New terrain generation issues, I suspect.

Omg changed my light house from 20 to 6 pistons still lagged to freeze

I made a new world and took off exploring it and it lagged so bad I felt like i was watching a bad cam youtube video. gave it some time and it went away but happens every once and awhile. ah well. i also found the new texture to be a bit dull. should have spiced it up a bit.

But how are they using them. I set up 12, with a button, for my sugarcane farm and have no problems. It's more than likely problems with the pistons and what the user created. 4j Steve said they're going to look in to the problem and hopefully find a fix for it.

People also have to realize that a lot of entities will also cause lag if they're using pistons for a farm. Lag from the pistons plus 100+ entities is going to lag the game like crazy. If people don't know what an entity is, it's all the drops from when you harvest your crops. A lot of flowing water will also cause lag in the game.

All these things, entities, moving pistons, blocks being pushed/pulled by pistons, flowing water, redstone constantly being turned on/off if set to a clock, too many mobs nearby, and even the smoke from too many torches can add to lag. The new lighting is also probably adding to the lag. Every time the sun sets/rises will cause lag spikes in the game. It eventually got fixed on the pc but it used to be easy to tell when it was becoming day or night because of the light lag before the fix.

This game will definitely push the xbox to it's limits, as it still does on lower-end computers. Hopefully the next gen xbox comes out before the game gets updated too much. Jungles will be a lag nightmare on the consoles we play on now.