Number of quests in Skyrim

Has anyone heard anything on the number of quests in Skyrim?  Or the number of craftable items?  My favorite part of RPG's is the questing for and crafting of rare/powerful items to aid me through my adventures.  I am just hoping there is more than in Fallout: New Vegas because I was able to do all of the quests in that game in a relatively short amount of time.  Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Elderscrolls typically has a ton of quests, but they don't branch as much as Fallout. At least that is what I understand.

Just know that this game will keep you occupied. Forever.

Well, I am no newbie to The Elder Scrolls series, lol.  Oblivion seemed to have a lot more quests than the Fallout games.  I guess I am just concerned they cut the number of quests to put more into things that don't affect gameplay, like blood splatters...

With over 300 hours of confirmed gameplay, I would say quite a number of quests.

As far as crafting goes, if its like other RPG's, if you have the recipe for an item you can make it.

aren't they doing like a dynamic quest system or something? they were talking up npcs giving random fetch or kill quests depending on the players level and where you've explored during E3. i don't know how it'll work or how worthwhile it'll actually be, but it seems like they're putting plenty of quests for us to complete, and obviously all the unique caves and dungeons to explore.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/116244975074803712 

Roughly 5 times the number according to Pete Hines.

Also, if you started TES with Oblivion and it's the only game you've thoroughly played, you are a newbie to the series. Don't convince yourself otherwise. And I know how good you are at that.

[quote user="Taldarin"]

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/116244975074803712 

Roughly 5 times the number according to Pete Hines.

Also, if you started TES with Oblivion and it's the only game you've thoroughly played, you are a newbie to the series. Don't convince yourself otherwise. And I know how good you are at that.

[/quote]

I have played all of The Elder Scrolls games.  I just used Oblivion as an example since it was the last game in the series to be released before Skyrim.  Thanks for the link and info but your comment proves how much of an elitist douche you really are.

[quote user="OR3GONIZ3D"] but your comment proves how much of an elitist douche you really are.[/quote]

I love you too, and I love it even more when you lie.

[quote user="Taldarin"]

[quote user="OR3GONIZ3D"] but your comment proves how much of an elitist douche you really are.[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't swing that way but I am flattered and I am not lying about anything, you REALLY are an elitist douche.

Don't cha just feel the love?

[quote user="OR3GONIZ3D"]

[quote user="Taldarin"]

[/quote]

I don't swing that way but I am flattered and I am not lying about anything, you REALLY are an elitist douche.

[/quote]

Obvious sarcasm from myself regarding the love thing, but I would expect you to take it literally and spin it around to make me look bad. That's what you do, after all.

I won't debate lies and deceit with you. No proof to it anymore, all gone and deleted now. You can say what you wish, whether or not others believe it is up to them. But I don't.

And yeah, I'm an elitist douche when it comes to this. I'm dedicated to this series, that's obvious though. Oblivion was plague to it, brought in people like you with stupid ideas about how to make it better. That's what I really hate about Oblivion, widened the audience too much for it's own good. Never hid my opinion on it, never will. But for the most part, everybody loves me.

Skyrim has continued to prove it's bringing back almost all the things I care about in the series that were lost in Oblivion, while still leaving room for the silly newbies who don't and won't understand what this series is. I think that's the best case scenario, for Bethesda and the majority anyway.