Number of Devices for XBox Music Pass

In 2010 I had a Zune Pass for my Zune HD.  Since getting a Suface Pro, I've re-subscribed to XBox music pass and it still links to my previous setup.  However, out of the 4 original devices I had registered, 2 computers have the same name as in 2010 but different OS version and 1 laptop no longer exists.  Together with my Surface Pro, I've quickly depleted the # devices I can add/remove in 30 days.  I searched for customer support # or other means of contact but kept looping back to the forums.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Hello

View devices that are associated with your Xbox Music Pass

Here’s how to see which devices you’ve associated with your Xbox Music Pass:

On your Windows 8 computer:

1. Start Xbox Music and sign in.
  2. Open the charms bar by swiping from the right (on a tablet) or placing your cursor in the upper or lower right-hand corner of your screen.
  3. Click or tap Settings, select Account, and then select Manage Music Pass Devices.

On your Windows Phone:

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to Xbox.com.
  2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
  3. Tap Settings (upper right-hand corner of the screen).
  4. Tap My account.
  5. Tap Manage Music Devices.
Change the devices that are associated with your Xbox Music Pass

To remove a computer or device from your Music Pass

Open your account. (For information about how to do this, see the “View devices that are associated with your Xbox Music Pass” section.) Then, click Remove next to the name of the computer or device.

To add a Windows 8 computer or tablet to your Xbox Music Pass

Download an Xbox Music Pass item from the Xbox Music Store to your computer. It will be added automatically.

To add a Windows Phone to your Xbox Music Pass

Sync an Xbox Music Pass item you downloaded from Xbox Music Store to your device. It will be added automatically.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey xbox360italy, nice cut and paste, but really this doesn't get at the root problem which is that if a MusicPass subscriber did what Microsoft as a whole would like (and what all of us good employees did!) and refresh your whole household at once... Tada, you aren't able to add and remove enough devices to actually use the service on all new devices.  In my case, it looks like I'll be unable to actually get my new phone linked to my account for a month.  This is terrible product design guys, looks like I'll be borrowing my daughters iPod for travel for the next month...

BTW, I seem to remember having ability to connect 5 devices under the old Zune pass service, and indeed I had five devices linked when I started trying to clean up this mess.

Again, putting locks like this on an account with no way to contact customer service for an override when you are a good customer who just bought a bunch of new Microsoft product, is a terrible design decision.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you

Sorry this didn't help.