Noticed some changes..

SO I popped in the old FNV the other day an couldn't help noticing some changes, or maybe I'm just losing my mind, slow motion even when you kill someone on iron sights or from the hip in other words without using VATS.. and I was killed on lonesome road about 20 or so minutes into it by 3 yao gui an anyway I KNEW for certain that I forgot to make any benchmark saves since logging on around 30-50 min earlier, lol SO after getting killed witch doesn't happen to me very often on this game,  I was getting all ready to shut it off when WELLA I was re spawned to roughly the same place I died..

SO I was wondering IF OBSIDIAN  or whom ever the DEVS are on this game could also make a cruise control button for my wandering around in the vast emptiness of the NEVADA desert, so I wouldn't get tendentious every time I play this damn game..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The game probably re-loaded an autosave, which it has always done.  There is also a kill-cam outside of VATS if you choose to enable it.  And yes, Obsidian is the developer.  What do you mean by cruise control button?  You mean like auto-walking?  Because that's not in any Fallout game

except I Never ever use auto-save on this OR Fallout 3, yeah fallout Vegas needs it or a bloody horse or something too many dead zones with nothing

to do but walk evertime I play this game I get a bad case of the tendonidous...

Did you have the auto-save disabled on New Vegas or Fallout 3?

Also, there are probably less dead zones in New Vegas as the locations are much more buncher together, where as they were more spaced out in Fallout 3 (and there were those dungeon-crawler metro tunnels between half of them).  But regardless, I don't know what a horse would be doing in the Fallout world; the game world is too small for one anyway (same goes for Fallout 3)

No vehicle is required man. Part of the game is walking around and exploring. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a quest only to get side tracked because I see a hollow triangle on my compass. If you get bored just fast travel to a location that's within reasonable walking distance to your objective and it won't be that much of a hike. I do that when I'm in a hurry.

[quote user="StrictlyDigital"]

No vehicle is required man. Part of the game is walking around and exploring. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a quest only to get side tracked because I see a hollow triangle on my compass. If you get bored just fast travel to a location that's within reasonable walking distance to your objective and it won't be that much of a hike. I do that when I'm in a hurry.

[/quote]thanks for your Input, but I think I know a bit more about theses games than you.. judging by your achievements..

There were a few cosmetic changes I notices when I went back to playing, both in Freeside too.

The kids (two boys and a girl)   chasing the rat with a stick changed to two boys ??

Don't know why and over near Cerulean Robotics there was a burned out old bus that's gone now.

Nice to know though the game still constantly locks up once an hour and auto saves still become corrupted though.

Don't know if this will changed when they make Fallout 4 in the Chicago area  next year,  go Bears.

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

[/quote]thanks for your Input, but I think I know a bit more about theses games than you.. judging by your achievements..

[/quote]

Judging someone's knowledge of a game based off their achievements is really stupid. He never talked down to you, he just gave advice. If you knew a 'bit more' about these games then you would know a horse or vehicle wouldn't fit in the fallout universe.

If you had a horse it wud probably be killed by a death claw anyway. nevermind how you would have to keep giving it supplies. As a matter of interest, do any of the fallout games have mutated horses????

[quote user="MaulYoda"]What do you mean by cruise control button?  You mean like auto-walking?  Because that's not in any Fallout game

[/quote]Actually, I take this back.  The PC version of New Vegas actually has an auto-walk button (I think it's Q), but I never use it (mainly because New Vegas doesn't need it)

[quote user="Clyms3y468"]

As a matter of interest, do any of the fallout games have mutated horses????

[/quote]No

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

[/quote]I haven't been on the forums in a while so my reply is late, forgive me. To quote my dear friend Jules "well, allow me to retort"

You know more about these games than I do....that's funny. I think anyone who plays this game as much as we all have can give an opinion, right?

My achievements in this game mean nothing in relation to the subject. How could you even think that's relevant? Bottom line, vehicles or any other form of transport is totally unnecessary when we have fast travel at our disposal. If there were no fast travel, then I would consider the need for a vehicle. However, vehicles would kill the spirit of the game to me.

Walking, finding your way, exploring an unknown land on foot is a big part of Fallout in my eyes. Having to dismount a vehicle every 10 seconds to explore a town or loot bodies would be ridiculous. Besides, it really doesn't take that long to cover ground in this game, even though the map is huge.

Personally, I fast travel a lot, especially when time is limited or I'm in the mood to get things done. I'll fast travel to a nearby location and do the rest on foot. If I have a nice chunk of time to play then I walk everywhere. It seems like every time I play (FO3 or NV) I find something new even though I've played multiple characters and have logged hundreds of hours.