Not worth it!

Why did I join XBox live - it is not worth it!

I am in Taiwan, and XBox live does not allow access to most things that it advertises on it's main pages.  No access to downloads from Video Marketplace, Music Marketplace, or anything featured in the Spotlight menu.  The only real thing you can do on XBox is play multiplayer - seems unfair.

In fact, most available games in Games Marketplace are NOT AVAILABLE for download in Taiwan.  Why is that XBox?  Why would you have me pay for your service and then not make it available? A rip - off.

If you put something on your main pages as being available - it should be available for ANYONE who can see it advertised. Make sense?

Please fix this! (Or give me back my Gold membership fee)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You say you live in Taiwan? What region is your XBL account? Did you move to Taiwan from another region?

If you live in region 'a' but choose region 'b' when setting up your account you are only going to limit what you can access as Marketplace content is tailored for each region according to international, copyright, license, local and government laws, laws that even MS has to abide by. So if your XBL account is not Taiwanese you will need to rectify that so you can see what exactly is available in your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also Gold subscriptions are not region locked, so simply find the cheapest available no matter where in the word it comes from. Only MSP are locked to a specific region.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure that you have the correct region set for your account? Since much content is region locked because of licensing issues, if you pick the incorrect region when setting up your account then most of what you see will be locked out from you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar situation here unfortunately (I just moved to Japan from England).  There is VERY little content here in comparison to what was on the English Xbox Live, yet it costs more money to join >_<

Still, your situation sounds worse unfortunately for you!

Sorry this didn't help.