Not what I was expecting...

I recently downloaded the Battlefield 3 Open Beta, and was very excited to play this game, because well quit honestly, I am sick of vulgar glitch-happy 12 year olds on Call of Duty. This game is gorgeous and the sounds are equally as impressive, but sadly that's about where the pros stop for the multiplayer. I have played for about 2 days on and off, and I can't seem to get experience to level up because the more advanced guns and attachments are so overpowered, I get trampled by the higher level players. Also you can't really run and gun in this game, but staying back is pretty boring and can be equally unrewarding because chances are the person who is run and gunning gets lucky and hits be first, with his OP weapon. Apart from also being buggy, and a combo of other issues, not sure what to think about this game as of now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's not a pick-up and dominate shooter like CoD. You do get really good weapons from the start (M4, 74u, 47M, M27, RPK, 870 shotgun), so that's not much of an excuse. I'm level 33 and I still use two weapons from the start (74u and the 870). I do agree though, some of the later unlocks are OP (UMP). Still, it's not like they can't be beat.

well yeah, it is not a run and gun game. You gotta take it slow moving towards the objective, not rambo on over there. Its buggy because it is a beta, thats what they are there for.  

You just have to get used to the flow of the game and the controls, you wont be the cats pajamas right away.

the game changes dramatically when you have a good squad of guys by your side. sounds strange, but it's true. even more important than having a good group in COD.

Having squadmates you trust is the most important part of this game, even if it's just 1 other friend. That's what I've noticed with BF. The most fun I've had in this series is when me and my friend get in a tank together...I love the amount of teamwork is involved just between the two of us. I gun, get out and repair, get out and shoot down UAV's, spot enemies...he drives and blows stuff up from far away. Pretty neat, something you never see in CoD.

-

Having a good game in BF is also way more rewarding than CoD. I had a game on BF3 where I was like 48-6, and it felt 10x more rewarding and "earned" than any of of the 150+ kill games on CoD.

[quote user="LookMaNewHands"]

I recently downloaded the Battlefield 3 Open Beta, and was very excited to play this game, because well quit honestly, I am sick of vulgar glitch-happy 12 year olds on Call of Duty. This game is gorgeous and the sounds are equally as impressive, but sadly that's about where the pros stop for the multiplayer. I have played for about 2 days on and off, and I can't seem to get experience to level up because the more advanced guns and attachments are so overpowered, I get trampled by the higher level players. Also you can't really run and gun in this game, but staying back is pretty boring and can be equally unrewarding because chances are the person who is run and gunning gets lucky and hits be first, with his OP weapon. Apart from also being buggy, and a combo of other issues, not sure what to think about this game as of now.

[/quote]

Sounds like you were playing it like Team Death Match...

Best advice don't go in to Battlefield playing it like you play call of duty.

That's what makes the game so much fun to me.  It's like a very intense chess match.  You have to take your time, think about your moves and work with your teammates to achieve your objectives.  Not sure why people are complaining so much,  I think the gameplay is fantastic.  I guess to each their own.      

you get good xp by being a team player.

Drop those ammo packs/heal packs, revive downed team mates etc.

You also get xp for supporting/suppressive fire - you don't have to play as a stat padder only interested in the kill counts.

Once you level up a bit you can start playing more aggressively when you have the better weapons/attachments/abilities.

I was getting owned at first aswell on this and i'm a BC2 player,like suggested earlier,if you got one friend who you play well with it really helps cos 4 eyes is better than 2!As long as you are talking and warning each other of danger you can work your way up the map towards the objective(when attacking)With all the bushes and stuff in the first section use prone to your advantage when you get further up,it is slow but can get you right up to the mcoms without being spotted.Imo defenders have a real advantage on this map.

in the Rush gametype there is usually a front line. You can play aggressively but you can only push up too far before running out in the open will get you killed.

-

There are some overpowered weapons in this game but they aren't that bad. For example, I am a relatively high rank in the beta but I don't like to use optics or overpowered weapons. I still do pretty well, because I have played lots of BF before. Tactics will always give you the edge regardless of what weapon you have. BF requires a lot of learning so just keep with it.