Not sure about the area to post this problem. Download won't buff.

So, I always have this issue. Netflix runs great, can purchase movies with no problem. The problem only occurs when I try to watch a movie from the main Xbox screen. "Bungie Unveils Its New Universe" as an example. I can start it, pause it (to allow it to load), leave it for 20 min. and it will freeze, unfreeze the whole time. The video is only 3 min long, so 20 min. should be plenty long enough. Its actually too long in my opinion. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes? I usually just never end up seeing the video because I give up. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm the only one having this problem?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there- do you mean the sponsored content on the Dashboard isn't loading for you?  That's pretty funky.  Everything else is running smooth, no lag in games or videos?  Let's try redownloading your profile through the Sign In screen and see if it clears the loads up at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, the sponsored trailers or ads. Like today is the COD ghost masked warrior trailer. I will even pause it right after it starts and I let it buff for 20 minutes, and by the minute mark of watching it, it stopped to load about 10 times and then I gave up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Burn. Have you tried clearing your Xbox 360 system cache? Also, does it do this to you while signed into other profiles?

Let us know, thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I would just try to see if playing after letting it load for a few seconds works for you. If you try to play the video, it will load faster as the system tries as hard as possible to avoind needing to buffer. So just start the video, watch a few seconds in, if it freezes, hit pause and wait. The loading bar should move fast for a little bit and then stop. When it does start the video again and you should be fine. I know it sounds complicated, but this always works for me.

Sorry this didn't help.