Not only indie games but Games On Demand too

My System won't let me play GTAIV or Elder Scrolls III Oblivion unless i am signed on either.. How messed up is that? pay $60 for a game on demand and u still have to sign on to thier service to play them.. I say sue their butt off

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I bought an Xbox LIVE Indie Game and regretted, but thankfully, it only cost me 80 MSP.

-

When Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360 is discontinued, you know what to do to continue using what you've bought.

Hey,

Did you buy those games on a different account? They should work offline if they are used with the same account that bought them, but indie games won't.

Games on Demand FAQ 

Indie games you need to be online because:

Overview

If you try to start an Xbox LIVE Indie Games game from your Xbox 360 console without first connecting to Xbox LIVE, you will receive the message “You must be connected to Xbox LIVE to play this game.”

This requirement is part of our continued effort to provide family-safe content through the Indie Games site. When the game starts, the Xbox LIVE service determines whether any content has been removed and blocked from play because it was determined to be inappropriate.

Note If an Indie Games title is removed and blocked from play because of offensive content, Microsoft will contact users who purchased the game and issue refunds.

Indie games FAQ link

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I bought these games with this account... also i noticed that my Mass Effect 2 DLCs didn't work unless i was signed on

[quote user="brandiesel1"]Did you buy those games on a different account? They should work offline if they are used with the same account that bought them,[/quote]Games and DLC wont work offline, even with the purchasing account, unless the correct licensing is in place.

Most content is licensed to two things. The account which purchased them and the console they were first downloaded to.

The account license lets you use the content on any 360 providing you are signed in to LIVE.

The console license not only lets you play offline but also enables other accounts on the console to use them.

My bet is that the OP originally downloaded the Games on Demand and DLC on another console. To enable them for offline use on his current 360 he will need to do a license transfer, this gives the console license to a new 360 LINK. Once the transfer is done, you simply set the content to download again, since it is already on the console all that will be grabbed is the new license.

There are exceptions to this of course. Avatar items are locked to only the one account and as noted indie games always require a connection to LIVE.

voteDC is right!

One thing I found interesting is my on demand RDR wouldn't load my progress when I was without Internet for a while. It would let me play the game only if I started over. Then when I was online again, the original save worked fine.

That could just be profile corruption. recovering your profile would probably fix it.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

One thing I found interesting is my on demand RDR wouldn't load my progress when I was without Internet for a while. It would let me play the game only if I started over. Then when I was online again, the original save worked fine.

[/quote]Did you have Cloud Saving enabled on your console?

Nope. I only game on a single machine so I never had a reason to use cloud. The save was in my local storage.

Well, try recovering your profile. Profile corruption does some weird things. One of the weirdest for me was that I could not stay in chat for more than 30 seconds. An Acquaintance also had issues with SC:DA not saving until he recovered his profile.