Not loading Mahjong

Press the tile and returns to the start screen. Having issues since loading windows 8.1

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yes

Having the same problem In the last few days with both Mahjong & Solitaire.  Solitaire was working & Taptiles wasn't.  Now Solitaire won't work, but Taptiles does.

Are you still having these issues?

Am still having this problem.  Cannot play either Mahjong or Solitaire.  On Solitaire, when you click on the app it goes to the screen and spins a few times then returns to the app page.  On Mahjong, it just goes to the screen and immediately returns to the app page.  Happening since installing Windows 8.1.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps? In theory it should automatically update but you may need to manually update it. Try it and let me know if you're still having issues with it. =)

I uninstalled & reinstalled & now it is working.  The only problem I am having now is that often when it starts to give the reward it kicks out back to the start screen.  One day it didn't give me the chance to collet the bonus points because of this.

I uninstalled and tried to reinstall but now it wont let me reinstall. When i try i get error code 0x80070005.

Same here. I get to the start screen but not the game selection one.  They claim to have released an update and I have Windows 8.1 so updates are automatic but it still just gets to the start screen and freezes on me.  They have not repaired this problem.  I was looking to how I could uninstall it and reinstall it but that is not obvious yet to me. I looked in Control Panel, no luck, and in the store but as of now I still do not see how to uninstall it.

0x80070005 is the "Access Denied" error. In the Store page, go to Settings and make sure you are using the same account with which you installed your games.

To uninstall apps, press Start and/or search for the app in the Metro menu. Right click on it and a menu will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Select "uninstall" and this should fully uninstall the app.

After trying these steps, let me know if you're still having issues.

Thanks!

Helen / MS Win8 Games

I only have the one account and the other xbox games are fine, it even let me download minesweep last night, but still willnot let me reinstall mahjong. When i go to apps store it says i own and am able to download, but continuously give the same error when i try.