Not Fun

I love COD.  I have liked all of the different incarnations, regardless of maker.  This game is just not fun to play.  Even when I have great games, I still don't enjoy it.  Is it me or has this game just lost that loving feeling? I'm talking about multiplayer only.  I never play the SP.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Gotta do Squads and build up your crew, it nice knowing people have your back and you can expect them to do the right thing. Its really up'ed the play level. The BF4 beta really helped me get ready for the larger maps trying to see through battle fog.

Gunbattles ....... it lacks the gunbattles. everyone loves a gun battle, win or lose .... admit it or not.

Instant deaths take away the joy of trading fire for a couple seconds not knowing what the outcome will be. Instead you just kill or die.

BUT ...... all is not lost. this game does provide something that we havent had in a while that everyone loves , I'll call it foreplay. Its those events that leas up to the gunbattle or instakills. Concentrate on tacics and strategy and you wont miss the rest

I feel the same.  I came to the conclusion that I no longer have the ambition to play CoD.  Squad mode is enjoyable though.

" Gunbattles ....... it lacks the gunbattles. everyone loves a gun battle, win or lose .... admit it or not. Instant deaths take away the joy of trading fire for a couple seconds not knowing what the outcome will be. Instead you just kill or die. BUT ...... all is not lost. this game does provide something that we havent had in a while that everyone loves , I'll call it foreplay. Its those events that leas up to the gunbattle or instakills. Concentrate on tacics and strategy and you wont miss the rest".

Interesting. I did agree earlier on but after players have stepped up a bit the gunbattles are definitely present, though more so at medium/longer ranges.

Personally, I think this game is the best Call of Duty I've played. Very impressed.

I'm not sure about tactics or strategy for Ghosts.  I can camp and get kills, its just not fun.  I've always enjoyed the quick pace nature of the game in the past.  I enjoy BF4 when it works, and that is a much more tactically sound game with a  slower pace.  I think they missed the mark with this game and what has made COD special in the past.  

I'm loving this game....Easily better than the last three releases.  The maps are old school.  Long sight lines.  It allows for some strategy and not all based on connection/luck.  Recent CODs have been way to ADD.

The maps have relegated smg's and shotguns(my fav) near useless.  On the old games you could always employ different gun tactics, which doesn't seem to be the case with Ghosts.  It seems like all I see now are sniper rifles/AR/Marksmen.

"It seems like all I see now are sniper rifles/AR/Marksmen".

That's more likely to be because people are unwilling to try Shotguns/SMGs yet, though the maps are definitely more in favour of ranged weapons.

It also takes skill to be able to use SMGs and Shotguns on these maps. Wait for people to get more familiar, though there will always be people who stick to one thing.

freefall and strikezone have a good gun battle if people aren't campin where you can use a mid range weapon.

but id assume some tight maps will come, fingers cross for NukeTown 3032

was glad that my gun of choice was not effected, LSAT, long or short it can pack-a-punch

"freefall and strikezone have a good gun battle if people aren't campin where you can use a mid range weapon.

but id assume some tight maps will come, fingers cross for NukeTown 3032".

If you're good you can use whatever you want on any map you choose, and I'd rather not revert to weak maps like Nuketown.