not capping the flag just for kills

isn't it technically a form of boosting?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Op one of many reasons why I do not play CTF/DOM/DEMO. I do not have all day to wait for teammates to get the job done. K/d hoaring is a nuiscance!! to hard working dads with little gaming time.

if i get a ctf game ill grab the flag and hold it and let you come to me free kills pl0x. yes you know where i am but i know where you are going :) not boosting but fun free points

not boosting.  Just lame. Boosting to me is pretty much what it looks like in the Sandy Ravage Booster Justice vids.  Two friends on opposing teams who waste everyones time by setting each other up for streaks and head shots.  Completely lame.

^^Youve got a point there. No more deaths for me on those pesky flags unless Im in LP, LOL. I have like 3200 caps, but like 17000 deaths. ALOT of those are on are near flags. Its whatever really, Ill play for fun, and that means prestiging. After max, then itll be time for LP.

Yes this is boosting, the same as if I stand still to reload I am a camper <sarcasm>

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

This way, players can still spout off their KD ratio if they want, but only if they play the gametypes where it truly matters, which is FFA or TDM.

[/quote]

It's funny because K/D doesn't even matter in FFA or TDM.

They already have something in place to encourage teamplay and winning - League Play. Try it out.

I agree with everything you said galactic but kills would have to count in S&D they play a huge role in that game mode

The other way might be to progressively increase the score for capping, add 100 for every cap after  the first 3

I dont think there is any way to fix it really. Even if you took away all stats, there would be challenges and ranking. People will manipulate the game to satisfy whatever goal they have at the time.

Maybe if you took away everything but w/l people would play to win, but that would get fairly boring

^^I disagree. Dont lower the kill totals. Maybe give more XP for a win at the end of the game?