Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

alrighty.

It isn't posting my thread so here it is in the reply:

Traded in my copy of Black Ops awhile back and with all the DLC coming out I kinda miss it.  I'm planning to pick up another copy and get back in it.  The PS3 is releasing a new version of Black Ops next week and it has all the DLC included on the disc for $59.99.  That means I don't have to spend $100 or more to get the full game.  A lot of games seem to be taking that route lately.  Unfortunately none of them are doing that on the Xbox.  Until they do, don't have much reason to keep shelling out a fortune for DLC and using up all my harddrive space in the process.  So I will go with the PS3 version.  Companies deserve to know why consumer dollars are being spent elsewhere.  That is the reason for this post.  If they want my money they had better step it up.

If Microsoft is gonna charge me $59.99 for the game, then $10 here and $20 there for the DLC, then charge me another $50 just to play the game online, with games like this I will never again buy from Microsoft.  One flat fee of $59.99 for it all.  Can't beat it.  Step it up Microsoft, you are falling behind (or intentionally ripping people off).

Either way you're basically going to be spending around $130 dollars because you're buying the same game twice anyways, so it's a lose-lose situation for you already as far as spending money goes. I'll only be spending around $110(game plus all the dlc). Enjoy the PS3 version.

Nope.  Don't have Gold anymore. Let's say I spend $130 buying the game twice.  I still have to pay $50 for Xbox Live Gold and $50 and since DLC pack 3 is out next week that's another $50 for 4000 Microsoft points (for all 3 packs).  So that would cost me $230 if I were to stick with Xbox.  Since I did own a copy previously, I will only be out $120 if I buy PS3.  That's $110 in savings man.  Plus the convenience of having it all on one disc can't be beat. So far Microsoft has done nothing like this and probably won't.

maybe you should buy call of duty? there are so much better games out there from what i've heard.

Fair enough. I'm not going to try and change your mind or anything. Everyone's free to do what they want. Who am I to tell you what to do with your money. You just tried to make it sound like it was a great idea and super deal and I guess it is if you purchased the game once, but you're buying it twice so not so great imo.

Also, there's a reason why I pay a yearly fee for Live and it's not only to play first person shooters online. The service itself is fantastic imo and I haven't heard anyone complaining about their credit information being stolen yet so see it however you'd like. If I felt like I were being cheated by the service I wouldn't buy it. So far Live has only let me down 2, maybe 3 times in my 4-5 years of using it.

I hope your PS3 experience goes well. I'm thinking of getting one myself just not for online MP.

PS3 controllers feel horrible in my hand. That's why I won't buy one. Sony also offers a deal similar to gold account. It's just not required to play multiplayer games. I used to be tight with Sony. I beta tested Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies. I honestly don't think they can keep up with xbox. Sony is losing it's mass appeal I believe. Besides consoles, their other products have a lot of competition. I bought a Sharp television.

Granted I see your point but most people here will eventually have 13 days played take all that into account and your only paying 1.96 cents for each hour played from those 13 days.

err I'm sorry it's actually $1.35