Not available in my Location...

Ok...so...i have a canadian,silver account,because i had a 1400 MSP  code...i wanted to use this code to buy a Black Ops Map Pack...but unfortunatly...those points went to a waste...because even tho i live in US i cant download the Map Pack...thanks Microsoft...you obviously cant get stuff straight

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

As you have found out the hard way, MS points are region locked. You will need to buy MS points in your region if you want to use them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you live in the US?

then you must purchase us ms points and create a US account

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="M40 Rose Jr"]

thanks Microsoft...you obviously cant get stuff straight

[/quote]

It appears you are the one who doesn't have their stuff straight. If you live in the US but have a Canadian XBL account then only Canadian ms points cards will work on it. Ms point cards are region locked. That means you must use the same ms points cards as the region of your XBL account, which is typically the very same region that you physically live in.

If you have a US ms points card then the only thing you can do is create a US XBL account and redeem it on there, then purchase the content. So long as you don't change consoles the other profiles on it will be able to share DLC, avatar items excluded.

Sorry this didn't help.

The OP was able to add the Canadian Points to a Canadian account; that's not the problem. The issue is that a Canadian account can't download a region-locked map pack from the U.S., and there's no fix for that. It's explained in a sticky post in another forum.

Black Ops: ‘Annihilation' Add On Compatibility

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/1234/t/29485.aspx

I don't think Microsoft is entirely to blame here, since the developers are also part of this region locking.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hence why we recommend he create a US account to reflect his physical region. Doing that would solve his problem and give him access to the map pack, once he added US ms points to the new US account of course.

Sorry this didn't help.

Even when i went to Region Transfer it wouldnt let me select US...wtf?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Account Migration Tool is only for the nine newly added regions to XBL (as of November 2010). That is why we suggested you make a new account to reflect your current region.

So long as you do not change consoles then the accounts will be able to share content amongst one another, avatar items excluded.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are the map packs available in South Africa? Because thats the only english one you can choose...and i dont understand how canadians have the map packs..but i cant get them?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is an English map pack for Canadians. When you go to download the map pack you must make sure you select the correct one as there are two available for Canada, English and French. When downloading the map pack it is best to have the game in the console and to buy the content from the in game Marketplace menu to ensure you get the correct version for your region.

If you live in Canada why would you want to download content from South Africa? I'm not sure you understand how the Account Migration process works but you better be sure you really want to do that because once you do it is not reversible. That means when you discover certain content and Marketplace features are no longer available because you did the migration you won't be able to get them back without creating a brand new account. Not to mention if you did migrate your account to SA, in order to get the BO map pack you would need to physically live in SA as when you download region restricted content your IP address comes into play to verify you are in the region. So, migrating to SA would not help your situation at all, in fact it would only make it worse.

Sorry this didn't help.