Not authorized to download this content?

Okay so I am 16 years old, I play Gears of War, Borderlands, Halo etc. all rated M. The problem I face (like most teens) is the Xbox marketplace will not let me download M content... even though I've played it. I don't have a problem with donwloading M content that costs money (go figure) but its the free stuff like game demos etc. Now I've read a bit online and me and my dad have tried to resolve this issue, but we cant. On my Xbox under "online Safety" I have it custimized to were it says "adult" But I still get the message  that says "This account is not permitted to download content with this rating". Why am I getting this? Is there no way to download this stuff untill I'm 18 regardeles of parent consent?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

thanks also had same problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

okay... thanks Smwutches. That's too bad though, considering how many teenager's play (M17) games. But thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Free demos and trailers are considered advertising and cannot be downloaded with a child account no matter what settings you have. You'd have to wait until you're 18 to download them.

Sorry this didn't help.