not allowing me to connect to people on xbox live

ok this is a really annoying thing that keeps happening to me. It has happened 2 times now and no idea how to fix the problem. the most resent time it has happened has been in the last few days. 

What has happened is:-

i started playing with someone online, added then as a friend, played to together and went into partys together etc like the norm you do on xbox live. now suddenly i can not join any of his partys unless there are others in it and the same with his games, e.g. COD 3 unless theres someone else hosting the game i cannot join and vice versa. This has happened before, the something happened in the same way, i could join partys and there games but now i cannot .

I herd that the prob could be conflicting nat types, but, if this is so why could i join them to start with ? and why has it happened now? is there a way to fix it as really, whats the point in it if you cannot play with the people you like?

I have preferred both players to see if that would do anything but nothing.

any help would be very nice

many thanks

mike

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

You can perform the following actions to see if your NAT is strict

•  Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so).
  • Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
At this point your console should display any NAT errors you have. The following link shows fixes for a NAT problem. 

support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict

If you need help with performing the fix/s displayed in this link please post back with what step you are currently stuck on, what your current network setup is as well as your ISP. (Router make and model, modem make and model, if you are wired or wireless)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

my nat type is open, same with me friends.

Sorry this didn't help.

i think i should add that this has happened on two xboxs (old one and the up to date new ones)

Sorry this didn't help.

just to state that after doing this test it came up with nothing wrong, my friend did it to his as well and there was nothing wrong. however since doing this test we can now connect. many thanks. ps why was this happening so i know for the future?

Sorry this didn't help.